How Do I Remove Delta Search From Chrome?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Feb 17, 2015.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I've got a problem... I have downloaded a software from the internet for free. It was a freeware so it was definitely legal. Then I had to check different boxes here and there and the software installed. Then I just noticed that whenever I open Google Chrome, a very annoying search engine called DELTA SEARCH comes up. What's with this search engine? How do I remove this crap? I think it's pure malware...

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could have just googled instead of waiting to get a reply, you know :p

It's not really malware, as it doesn't seem to do anything malicious, but it does hijack your browser, so I can see how it's annoying.

3. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    This is a newer link.

It has got video instructions too and is from Norton so you can be sure.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    This happened to me about a month ago. I downloaded what was suppose to be a free software online and ended up with a whole bunch of stuff I didn't want as well. Some of which was effecting the performance of my computer. A way to get rid of some of this stuff is to go into my computer and go to the add remove feature. This will take you to all the programs that have been downloaded to your computer. On the date when you downloaded this program remove the files you don't want, be careful to stick with that day only. Also, be forewarned not all of these are going to want to go, some will say can't be removed without authorization or something like that, which is rich since we didn't authorize them to give us this software in the first place. Then the best thing to do after that is find a good malware program such as malware bytes to help remove any malware that may have been downloaded with this. Keep in mind though the free trial only last a week, but you have to option of not staying with them, they don't ask for a credit card information until you decide to upgrade.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you download freeware, the developers make money by including third-party software with the download. Download and install screens will explicitly make you agree to or decline these extra programs, so you need to decline them every time. Don't rush through the installation process or you'll wind up with crap like this on your computer, and it's always hard to get rid of.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    You have to be careful with stuff like "delta search" and "search protect" because those are normally malware and virus orientated program that come from downloading offers. If you have them in firefox or chrome, then you have to simply remove the add ons from the browser since that's where they're located.

You can also delete the folders of those malware in the Program Files in the C:// section of your computer.