How do I show animated backgrounds on Windows 8?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by lindbergh • Dec 16, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of cute animated GIFs stored in my computer which I want to use as background. Well, I can set these images as background on my Windows 8 powered laptop but it just shows up as a still image. It does not move or animate. I want to see an animated background on my laptop and not just on my screen saver. Any ideas on how to make this work? Also I want a free solution to this and not a paid one... Thanks in advance. :)

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    The default version of Windows does not have any in-built support for animated backgrounds. I would recommend downloading and installing Deskscapes.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was suuuper excited with the software that you suggested. I quickly clicked the link and I saw all of its features. It excited me even more!

Then I clicked on the download link.

Then I saw that it was a paid software and not a freeware.

I was discouraged immediately. Haha! But I'll probably give this software a chance once I have some funds in my PayPal account. :)

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Animated background are of great use all over the computer. I think the best of them are available as apps and most of them are available for download. You should try checking the windows 8 app download that are quite popular.

5. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    Try

, they use video files as backgrounds, but it's resource intensive, so watch out how you use it, it doesn't work properly on old devices. I tried it 5 mins ago on an old laptop and the results varied from laggy to fluid, depending on the resolution of the backgrounds.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can have animated GIF background running on Windows 8 by default. You have to install third party softwares to do just that. Dreamscene is pretty cool you should try it out.