How Do You Clean The Outside Of Your Windows, If Applicable?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Jan 19, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a story house and it's very difficult to clean the outside of my windows on the second level. I know there are some gadgets out there but they costs a pretty penny. I can leave two alone since there's no real view but the others have nice views day and night. I would like to not see the dirt on the outside of the window while gazing outside. Any suggestions anyone?

2. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    It has been a long time since I cleaned my windows, mainly because it isn't like I bother to look at the view. However when I do need to, I normally use a brush tied to a broomstick and use as little soap as possible. If there are soap residues left, I use the same brush doused in a lot of water, normally that's enough.

3. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    My partner goes up on a ladder and just does it, the same way you'd do the windows on the first story. Honestly, this may be a case where if you can't or won't clean them yourself, you should just hire someone to do it a few times a year. The expense will be minor compared to the joy of actually being able to see out your windows without the view being obstructed by dirt :)

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just open the window from the inside and stick my arm out and clean it that way. You could also get one of those cheap little Swiffter Dusters, and wrap some paper towels around it, secure with tape, and spray on glass cleaner, and stick your arm out and clean it that way. We live by the ocean, so windows get pretty dirty quick, so we don't do it as often as we should. :oops:

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It can be very tricky,especially if you're very high up. Because of this, I just don't even want to take chances, I don't want my husband doing it either. So instead we usually get somebody professional to do it :)