How Do You Consistently Get High Quality Products At Lower Prices?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • May 5, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For electronics the easiest way to get high quality products at lower prices is to buy refurbished.

But what of other things you need? If you don't want to buy low quality products [so you can save money] how do you get lower prices for high quality products you buy?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree, @Denis Hard@Denis Hard. I once bought this refurbished Samsung microwave at a very low price, thinking it would be enough to tide me over until I could afford a brand new replacement. It looked as good as new, and I got a year's warranty on it. It worked like magic and lasted me over ten years. It was still working great and even looked reasonably new when I moved countries and left it to a friend. It never once gave me any problems whatsoever!

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased high end items at estate sales at low prices anything from furniture to electronics. Even though the paperwork does not come along with it I go online an print out the owner's manual for any electronics that I have purchased. My most recent purchase was a 19 inch flat screen tv with all kinds of hook ups for $100. There is no tax on these items either.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry but I never buy refurbished appliances or electronic items. My usual haunt for quality products at lower prices are the duty free shops. Definitely the chocolates there are much cheaper than the supermarket, besides some chocolates in the Duty Free stores are not available in commercial supermarkets. We also sometimes buy toiletries there but mostly food items like canned goods which come cheap.

For me to get inside the Duty Free, I have informed all my friends that when the come home from abroad or a tour, text me when they go to the Duty Free so I can shop with them.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the most important thing by far is to make sure that you compare prices for anything that you might want to buy, as this means that you would be able to see if you were getting the cheapest deal with the items that you eventually choose to buy. I know that I will always check several prices, and I can get quite a lot of discount because I choose to do this.

6. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Buying refurbished gadgets is a great tip. Usually, these items are in great condition for the fraction of a price. However, with other items, you don't have that option. So here's a few tips that I can give you:
    • Watch out for discounts and promos. Usually, stores have clearance sales where they sell their products for a discounted price at the end of the year or of the season. It's a great way of purchasing high quality items without burning your pocket.
    • Compare prices online and offline. Chances are, one of them has a lower price. Always include shipping price when comparing prices to make sure that you're not spending more.
    • Go to warehouse sales. They offer items in discounted prices but for the same quality.
    • Consider online shops, split the shipping fee with a friend.
    I hope this helps!

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be fair - as there are a whole host of ways of buying quality goods at reduced prices and at all times of the year too - there isn't in reality any reason to ever pay full price for anything these days.

In fact - as quality is always a top priority for me when buying anything and I never like to pay full price either - apart from the great tips already mentioned - some that immediately spring to mind - are

Always be prepared to haggle

Never buy without - shopping around for the lowest prices - especially as there are always deals going on somewhere

High end store - end of season clearance sales - are great for picking up quality clothing, shoes, bags, accessories - as well as indoor/outdoor household furnishings etc at a fraction of what they would normally cost - particularly as - all quality items are generally marked down at way below half price and often considerably more - in order to to ensure that all the previous seasons items are cleared prior to the arrival of the next seasons goods

Buying slightly imperfect, discontinued, scratch and dent or ex showroom display models - is one of the surest ways of getting quality furniture, electrical goods and household appliances - like dishwashers, washing machines, ovens, fridge/freezers etc at the lowest prices - as with a full 40- 45% discount for a small blemish or dent that is barely visible and a full manufacturers warranty - on a brand new appliance - they are a bargain in every sense of the word

Quality garden furniture, tools etc - always best bought out of season - as there are generally excellent deals on these items throughout the winter months

Local Auctions - are another way of picking some really good quality household items at knock-out prices - as there are usually a wide selection of new, almost new and discontinued lines to choose from

Cars - one of the best times to buy - if looking for a good deal on an almost new vehicle - is around the time when new registrations come out - as there are generally huge bargains to be had around this time - particularly as dealers are usually keen to get rid of their trade-ins as quickly as possible.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I almost always shop at outlet stores or clearance sections because I know I'll get branded items that way for very low prices. It's why I almost never buy anything second hand because I know the prices I'll pay for both would be the same and I'd much rather just get something brand new even if it means that I'd have to settle with an older model. This way I'd at least be more secure in knowing that my item won't break apart on me or I won't need to worry as much what it has gone through previously before it arrived at my hands.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always use cashback sites wherever possible because some items will never get reduced, especially cosmetics. There are always store promotions too where they match the price of another store, so if one is doing 10% off everything some will match it during that promotional period.

In the UK we have a store called John Lewis where they will match all prices as long as you can prove it. They have a team of checkers as the tag line is 'Never knowingly undersold' so you will always find the best price there.