How Do You Feel About The Google Watch?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by JoanMcWench • Jun 6, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Do you feel it's worth the cost?

Is it just too easy to damage?

Is it just another thing Apple is slapping its name on in order to make boatloads of cash?

I'm having a tough time getting on board with this one. Given the research I've done on these things I've come to the conclusion I don't even want to own it let alone need to own one. It seems like tossing my money out a window for no reason. Anyone have any experience with one that might sway me otherwise?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's no such thing as a Google Watch, so I'm assuming you're talking about the Apple Watch. It's one of the best smartwatches available on the market today with top of the line specs. Smartwatches, by their very nature, are add-on devices rather than necessities, which is why sales of most of these products have been sluggish so far. Plenty of other people feel like smartwatches are more than worthwhile purchases either way.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    lol You are correct. My mind must have been wandering when I titled this one. On the other hand I DID mention Apple in the post. So hopefully that's enough to correct it given dontpayfull won't allow me to edit the post any longer. :oops:

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seriously do not know whether or not there's a Google watch so it comes as a surprise when the second post confirmed my suspicion. So far I've only heard of Samsung and Apple smartwatches. They don't cost much but I personally think they're redundant - as far as functions go. Tablets and smartphones already cover a smartwatch's major functions including the ability to tell time. But since people have different perceptions of value, smart watches may address the needs of those who have the luxury of time and resources to buy them.