How do you feel about the movie Requiem for a Dream?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by yellowbird • Oct 2, 2013.

1. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I watch it once in a good while to remind me of how things really are for some people, and just to make sure that I still have empathy for others. It's a horribly wonderful film, in my opinion. It's just awful but it has so much truth in it. It moves me...

2. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    That movie was so morbid, it did actually gave me a diverse look at drug use and how it escalates. My co-workers who were much younger than me suggested I watch It, after watching it we talked about it at work. Each of us tried to figure out who we felt caught the roughest deal. I must say everyone bought their situation on themselves. None of them were victims.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This movie actually made me feel nasty for some reason. Not the type of nasty where I can't watch but the type where I'm just psychologically and mentally just tired from what I'm seeing. However the movie as a whole did an amazing job at showing how terrible drugs are for our bodies.

4. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I think you're right, none of them were victims exactly, but I felt sorry for them nevertheless. I think my heart reached out furthest to the old woman, as her actions were a result of actions performed on her. She was lonely and always hoping for something to come along and change her life, and to bring her back to the way things used to be. It was heartwrenching to watch her change in such a dramatic and depressing way all for love of the past and for the desire to have love in her life again (from her son).

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    That ending was very, very depressing. I don't know if they just did that for shock value on terms of a anti-drugs message, but still, it was really cruel to just put all the characters with such a fate.

6. adeleinthesea

adeleintheseaNew Member

Threads:
    As messed up as it was, I absolutely loved it. It's one of those movies that I watch and later am still thinking about how crazy it is. I loved the scenes they put together of them actually taking the drugs and the repetition of the mother on speed as she takes her pills every day and is losing her mind. Not to mention the music- which was well thought out and fit perfectly. It was really sad, but a reality check of the decisions people can make in life and which way they can choose to go. To me, it's a reminder to strive for better, no matter what hand your dealt.
    My favorite thing, though, was that it had a realistic outcome for what decisions they made. There was no happy ending, just an ending.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    WHOA, I haven't heard of this movie yet I haven't seen is trailer. When did this come out? This year or way way back? I'm already intrigued. I like movies with very depressing scenes. Does it make you cry? I'm up for it. Where do I get a copy?