How do you feel about these deals?

Discussion in Coupons started by APluckeyduck • Apr 6, 2013.

1. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I recently began receiving emails from bradsdeals. I'm not sure who Brad is or how I got on his email list, but he sometimes sends coupons that require me to like the deal on Facebook. I have a FB account, but honestly do not go on there very often. I just find it a bit embarrassing to have to like tampons to get a feeebie. It's no one's business if I use tampons, pads or anything else. Guess I won't be getting that freebie.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never got these but I agree it can be a bit much especially since tampons will pop up on all your friends newsfeeds lol

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    That is usually the way it works with these freebie deals, you have to like their product or page, in order to get a free sample from them. But, I don't blame you for not wanting to have everybody in your personal business I wouldn't have liked it either.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'd never heard of this site before, so I looked it up. It appears to be just for US users, as all the deals are in dollars - I did try to Google for a UK version, but nothing came back. It scores well on

, though, so I would imagine it's legitimate. I must agree about the Facebook like system though. I'm past the age of using tampons, but even so, I wouldn't want my nearest and dearest knowing about it!

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I completely agree. I use Facebook regularly, but there are some things I don't want connected to it. It used to be easy to get free samples; you could just go to a web site and request a sample of something you were interested in. Now you have to register somewhere, go through several pages of offers you don't want, and supply email addresses of your friends, for starters. It's just not worth it.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've mentioned before that I actually hate Facebook because it's connected to almost every website, so if you comment on a movie on Hulu or a video on Youtube, it shows up on your friends' and family's feeds. There is too sharing on Facebook.

But I reluctantly have a Facebook account because you can't even print certain manufacturer's coupons without liking their product on Facebook.
    I actually just use Facebook for coupons and rarely log on to it.
    It's irritating that companies have made so many things dependent on using Facebook.

7. mermaid051029

mermaid051029New Member

Threads:
    Well, same experience with you~
    But if I am not interested, I will just ignore the note, surely will not like their product or any.
    And the basic for you is try to not let such a thing bother your great day:)

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    As a man I'd be just as cautious when liking pages. But to be honest aren't you a little interested in how you got on the mailing list in the first place?