How Do You Find Out About Sales?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by isabbbela • Sep 18, 2015.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some people have the opportunity to always go to the mall, and that is probably the easiest way to see which stores are on sale, because you literally just see them. As I don't go to the mall all that often, I'll like to sign up for newsletters for my favorite stores so that I know when they have a good sale going on. What's your method?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is a combination of both visiting shops and signing up to certain newsletters, plus keeping an eye on the fliers in the Sunday newspaper. The fliers are the most reliable for me, actually. Although I did just score some sweet deals at Sports Authority on a whim for things I’ve been needing (Under Armour, no less!). So I would say visiting the shops would work best if you’re like me, and your impulse buys are less wants and more needs that aren’t necessarily urgent.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live and work in the urban area so it's like I am surrounded by malls and other commercial establishments. By word of mouth, particularly in the office and from the neighbors, I learn of an upcoming sales. Early this year, a colleague told me about the travel expo the following weekend. We went to that mall where the travel agencies and airlines were gathered. We were able to buy discounted plane tickets for Hongkong (2 tickets for October flight) and Singapore (4 tickets for November flight).

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who shop online, getting promotional emails from your favorite stores would be the best way to get the information you need. Any time anything is on sale, you'll get to hear about it long before the deal expires.

Asking friends to tell you about deals they stumble into could also be a good way to find out about sales.

5. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I sign up for the stores that I shop at the most to receive emails when they are having sales. I also have friends and family members to let me know when a great sale is going on. I receive sales papers in the mail, they always let me know what stores are having sales. I do most of my shopping online, so I'm not at the mall often, but when I am there, sales are going on and I take advantage then.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I am looking for something in particular I will go to the website or Facebook. Often companies will give advance notice on Facebook as it is easier to update than a webpage. I do sign up for email alerts too, but these days there are always items on sale, it's the big sales that you look for and when you can use multiple coupons or rebates that matter.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I generally learn of sales and promotions via my email alerts. I have signed up for them with all my favourite retailers, even though I currently can't afford to buy much. So it's like torture when I get those notifications LOL But I also tend to find out from the stores when I'm out and about, through the shop windows mainly.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am signed up to only a select number of clothing websites, and I get emails from them rarely, as I have unsibscribed from most of their mailing lists. So I don't get email alerts to their sales. But when I am out and out, I will see the sale signs in the stores. That is how I find out. Or other people tell me about it.

9. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a method as such - mainly because - as the majority of the stores where I live only have sales twice a year and they are generally more or less at the same time every year and therefore - apart from always knowing when the sales are due to start - as my favorite stores also send out pre sale invitations - it would be hard to miss them.

I find it much the same with online shopping too - although slightly different in the fact that most of my favorite stores generally have sales going on throughout the year - as I'm forever getting e-mails offering discounts and some quite substantial too - I'm never short of an opportunity to pick a bargain should I wish to.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I need something and go to a website or store and see there's a sale lol. I don't like being sold to, so I don't do newsletters and I block ads as much as possible. I only spend when I need to and if there is a sale, then great.. if not, I'm out of luck.

11. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I miss out on a lot of sales too. I need to get store leaflets/newsletters more often. When I do catch a sale, it is either by chance visit or by word of mouth. My friends are always eager to share news on great savings and show off their latest buys.

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I find out about sales in all kinds of ways, including in newspaper advertisements, on the television, and via social networking. I really enjoy social networking because it allows you to see a lot of information about sales and things that you wouldn't normally have the chance to see, which is great. It is always vital that you keep your eyes open for sales, because this means that you will then be able to save money for other things in the future.

13. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I mainly find out about sales from TV adds or emails sent by the stores I already shop at. I think it is easy to google for coupons or sales now for exactly the store you want and something always pops up.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can just always check out the store's Facebook account, they usually just post there that they will be having a sale. Sometimes they advertise via print ads in the newspaper and on the radio too.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I hate to sign up for tons of emails from my favorite stores! They just end up in my spam box. I find out about sales from in store promos and from DontPayFull. I just go there to find coupons!

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Some of my favorite online stores I keep up with via newsletter or social media, and for malls I usually just check out their media page if I remember to, but I don't really follow them and keep up since they do sales often and it's usually very crowded during sales so I tend not to bother. The prices are great if I did go to those sales though as some items come out at a price of just 10 percent of their original, but often those items are old or it's just too much effort to fight with the crowd to get to them.

17. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I generally find out about sales through flyers. Sometimes I see them on the stores websites. I have to admit I can't resist a good sale so if I was notified by email I would spend all my time online shopping. I look for stores that offer free shipping. I'll even buy enough to get to $50 which usually gives you free shipping.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Oahu has newspapers that carry weekly ad inserts on Sundays. We have a special local newspaper called MidWeek that has all the local supermarket ads for the week. Everyone should get these ads for they have the latest prices for sales the stores has. You can pick up weekly ads from Walgreens at the front of the stores is where on Oahu it's located. CVS recently has their ads too by the cashiers or by the front door as you walk in on Sunday. Sunday is when CVS and Walgreens ads start. Online is another source of ads for the week. If you got the card for Safeway you can add coupons to your card. Check your receipts to see if you got the ad coupon added to your card before leaving the store, so you don't have to make another trip if there is a mistake.

19. BreezyB0412

BreezyB0412New Member

Threads:
    I always use the app Shopular on my phone, you can pick the stores you want to see sales for and it updates daily. The only issue with this app is it sends A LOT of notifications & daily, so if you don't shop that much it's kind of annoying. The good thing about this app is it will notify you when you are near a sale.