How Do You Like To Drink Your Sodas?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Dec 23, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I grew up drinking sodas out of glass bottles so I'm very partial to them but nowadays they are hardly available anywhere anymore. The closest are plastic bottles which are just fine but I honestly haven't seen a soda in a glass bottle in such a long time. I also don't like drinking out of cans that much but it's not terrible. My favorite still is just drinking out of large paper cups like you'd get at convenience stores or fast food restaurants but for some reason I don't find their plastic cup versions appealing.

How do you like drinking your sodas? Do you find the experience is enhanced if you drink out of certain types of receptacles or are they all the same to you?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always use a straw if they are available because it's more hygienic . However, I do sometimes lose the straw if it's not long enough! I try never to drink from cans, because you don't know how they have been stored unless they have sealed like San Pellegrino. I do drink from bottles if I have to, but do prefer a cup. I'm not good at drinking from a bottle and make lots of slurping noises!

3. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    I like drinking them out of a plastic bottle but buying those at the store is so expensive. I tend to drink out of a can most of the time. Of course, if I go out to eat, then I'll drink out of a straw. I never like ice in my soda though.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I like to drink soda/tonic water poured out into an ice cold glass, with a few cubes of ice in it, and add cola syrup to the bottom. A little gin or vodka as well if I'm in the mood for drinking :p

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I like to drink my sodas cold, because I can tolerate it much better at such temperatures - warm soda is nasty. If my soda isn't cold, I'll pour it into a cup filled half-way with ice and then drink it like that instead. If I'm in the mood to be creative, sometimes I pour soda into Popsicle trays and freeze them to make soda pops! Another way I drink soda is as chaser to ethanol liquor, mostly I like it with rum and vodka types of spirits.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what's available. I'm not picky with containers. As long as there's a way to drink a soda, then I'm cool with it. When I buy canned sodas, I simply drink straight from the can unless it's no longer chilled. I would have to get a glass and pour in some ice for a better drinking experience. At restaurants, whatever container they serve the soda in, I'll have it.

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    To me, it doesn't matter what type of receptacles that are used to drink my beverages in. Be it a paper cup, glass, bottle or can, it just doesn't matter to me at all. All that matters is how the beverage tastes. I don't drink much soda either to be honest.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was a child, I used to drink soda - or pop, as we call it over here in England - from a cup. I very rarely used to drink it from bottles. Sometimes I'd drink it from a can too, or dip sweets in it? Lol. These days I drink a lot less soda, because of the damage that it was contributing to my teeth. My dentist has told me that I am to drink water and that is it, but that is not always the case. I will sometimes drink a little soda here and there, but if I do I always make sure that I drink it with a straw, so that I don't get much on my teeth, and I drink water afterwards before brushing my teeth.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to drink copious amounts of pop, too. But nowadays I very seldom drink it. It's all about water for me :) If I do though, I'm not fussy what I drink it out of; in a can, from a bottle or in a glass crammed full of ice cubes. It's extremely hot where I live. But the main thing I always do is drink it with a straw, as I'm very precious about my teeth :)

10. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    I have moved away from drinking soda due to the negative health impacts it has. Although when I used to drink it, I wasn't too fussy about the container I was drinking it from. The main thing was that the soda was ice cold, as warm soda is not nice at all. If I had to pick a certain container that was my favorite, I would probably choose the glass as it just gave that soda a little more edge - although this could just have been in my head. Drinking from a straw was never my first choice as the drinking process seemed to be slower, and I prefer to just straight up drink it.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will usually drink soda from plastic bottles, usually the ones that are in bigger bottles. I will only ever have soda On a can when I go to restaurant and that's the only option. We usually get the plastic bottles in my family because the recyclable and there usually cheaper.

12. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Usually, I like to pour my soda into a drinking glass and fill it up with ice with a straw. As someone said before, I try and avoid directly drinking soda when I can to avoid it sticking to my teeth and keeping my dental cleanliness better overall.

As far as what I buy it in, I prefer getting the 12oz soda cans because the bigger bottles just go stale pretty quickly. It's also a better serving size for me to drink than not really knowing how much soda I take out of the bigger 2 liter bottles.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It doesn't really matter how I drink my soda as long as I can place it on a table. Because over here in the Philippines, when bottles were still used as soda storage, if you buy from a small mom and pop store, they just pour the contents in a small rectangle plastic and you drink it with a straw, so you can't let go of your beverage unless you are done with it. Since bottles are now obsolete, I don't care where I drink my soda.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have already lost three of my teeth due to poor diet. Two on my right side, at the back are gone. And then there is one on the left side that is gone at the back. I have to work to preserve my front teeth, as those are the teeth that people can see lol. I will be drinking some alcohol today - fizzy alcohol - because today is Christmas lol, and exceptions need to be made for the holidays ;) Not only does soda do crappy things to my teeth though, it makes me gassy and bloated, which if you are a woman, you know can be troublesome and very painful around that time of the month.

15. PennySafe

PennySafeNew Member

Threads:
    I like to drink soda out of a styrofoam cup with ice inside. Even if from a bottle, the styrofoam keeps the drink so cold.

16. DreekLass

Threads:
    I actually feel sort of guilty right now, for my teeth, because during the course of Christmas day I drank so much alcohol lol. By the end of the day, I could feel all of the fizz and sugar, and acidity that had settled upon my teeth. I couldn't wait to brush them. I used to love putting ice cubes in my soda, when I would drink more of it. But these days my teeth are so damn sensitive that I can't take the cold, or the hot for that matter. If I chew on an ice cube, I get tooth ache for the next five days.

17. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever drink sodas anymore. If someone insists on buying me a soda then to humor them I'll drink it. But I'll never drink it straight out of a bottle. I'll use a straw anytime. It's not that I'm fussy. I worked in the retail industry for a while and knowing that those bottles probably aren't the cleanest . . .

18. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I grew up drinking soda out of a plastic bottle. I've always strangely disliked soda in a can, I don't know why, but it always has just tasted strange to me. Even though I grew up drinking it from a plastic bottle, my favorite way to drink it now is from a glass with ice, it just seems much more refreshing to me. I've never really understood why it can taste so different just depending on what its in.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    I also used to drink soda pop from a can when I was a very young child. But one time - I think that it was around Christmas - I saw one of my aunties take a can of ginger beer and she opened it, but before she took it to her mouth, she ripped off a small piece of paper and wiped around the mouth of the can, and I asked her what she was doing. Then she showed me the dirt off of the rim. I was horrified. And ever since the I have used a straw or poured the soda pop into a cup. You never know where those cans have been prior to them arriving in your home, so it is better to be safe than sorry.

20. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not drink soda too often because it is bad for your teeth and full of sugar. I really like to have my soda in a can when I do have it though. I find that there is too much soda for me to drink in a bottle and I end up throwing half of it away, and this is wasteful. I am not fond of fountain soda drinks either because the restaurants usually put way to much ice in the cup and the soda dilutes before I have a chance to drink it down.

When drinking soda out of a can though, it is always best to wash off the top of it before putting your mouth on it. I have heard that rodents can crawl on top of the cans while they are sitting in the warehouse waiting to be shipped off to the stores and this grosses me out a little.