How do you make money online?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:

The coupon code thing is interesting. Do you have to make purchases to check the codes? It's very different from anything else I've seen online lately.

2. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'd be intersted in learning more about this... how does it work exactly?

3. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    I have done alot of little jobs which add up to a decent income. A new and legitimate site is Qmee.com. They are a UK based pay to surf website. They pay about a dollar a week, but at least that is something for doing what you would do anyway. Qmee pays instantly through Pay Pal, which is what I like the most about it.

4. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    I have a few websites that are monetized by Affiliate, Banner, and Contextual Advertising (

not Google Adsense), and I do the same with several blogs - 10 to be exact. Some of my blogs don't get that many visitors, which is the key to making money, but that's because I don't spend a lot of time promoting the blogs. I also write articles online, most are published on

What sets Squidoo apart from other writing sites is that you can include banner advertising into your articles. All you do is enter the HTML code into the module, and you're promoting your banners right along with your article. Not to mention you can incorporate Amazon, eBay, Cafe Press (I think you can still use CP), and there are various other ways to make money from your articles. This does not include what Squidoo pays for your articles - they don't pay very much but the other avenues can definitely make up for it.

#64May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  5. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I write articles on different sites and make ok money. I also use my blogs as an extra income. Having ads on them like Google AdSense, Commission Junction, and others helps greatly. :D

6. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    The way I see it, you have to work too hard and long just to make a few cents on the internet. Anyone here make at least $50.00 a day and if you do, what is it that you do besides selling on Ebay or Amazon?

7. kshultz06082

kshultz06082New Member

Threads:
    I have 3 sites currently that I use to make money. I don't make a ton but some extra spending money. I use Swagbucks, InstaGC and a forum posting site. This week, I have made $20. Fifteen dollars in Amazon gift cards and five dollars in PayPal is my break down. I don't spend my entire day doing this, just the time I am normally on my computer. I could probably make a lot more but I don't want to spend the time.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    That is what I love about internet, it has given millions of people the opportunity to make an income for themselves and their families in so many different ways. I remember a few years ago a website popped up selling sections of the Moon, if someone did that before the internet was created they would be carted off to a hospital in a straight jacket! :)

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you guys change your work habits during the summer? I work more efficiently during the summer because I don't have to stop and leave my desk to go pick up my daughter from school or get up at 5:40AM to take her to school. I can actually work at my computer all night when I'm not working around my daughter's school schedule.

Do any of you parents or college students switch your online work schedule when school is out?

10. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it's pretty good, but sometimes you have to be careful with the places you go to, because i would safely say that 80% of this type of places are scams.

11. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently working on a blog, and once it gets off it's feet, I will start advertising my blog around. Hopefully, people will like the content I put out, and recommend it to other people. As of right now, I don't have any real money-maker, but I'm hoping that changes soon.

12. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'd love to get my blog up and running, but so far have failed to do that.... I don't know what to blog about...

13. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    So far none of the things I've tried to make money online with have worked out. I do make money selling on Amazon & Ebay. That's worked the best for me. So many scams out there. I will be checking out some of the ideas posted on this forum. Who knows, maybe there's something good out there that actually works.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read that most people aren't interested in just reading about someone's life. They want to read useful information that they can learn from. The most successful mom blogs have recipes, craft ideas, household hints, and tutorials on how to make money in your spare time. So just think about the kind of information that would be useful to you ,and blog about that.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually use places like feature points for some quick cash.
    Other than that one of my hobbies is writing so that's something I took advantage of while I'm online.
    I love to write on different forums as well as other private websites.
    It doesn't even feel like a job at this point because I enjoy every second of it.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to answer questions too, for 5 years, on a site that rhymes with ca ca. But they gradually kept cutting pay. 5 years ago, you could work it like a job. Now you have slow traffic and people answering questions for a penny. And you get to be asked sexually harassing questions by underage kids. For my wallet and my mental health, I had to quit at the beginning of this year.

17. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I do a lot work online to make money and it usually involves writing. I don't think that I could make a decent amount of money without writing. I only write on forums when I am tired and need a break from writing articles. Currently, I am writing for blogmutt, textbroker, iwriter, writer access, squidoo, ghostblogger, list my five, Bubblews, yahoo contributor, helium, publish us, and all voices. Yeah, that is a lot of jobs but I post five articles on each per day to make a living off of writing. I also write ebooks; I published one ebook and I am in the process of publishing 11 eBooks this month. I'm trying to write 100 eBooks before the 2013 year is over. I love what I do and hopefully all of my writings will someday earn revenue on its own without having to put too much into it like I am doing now. I write for 10 -12 hours with an hour break.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good luck. With your determination and work ethic, I'm sure that you'll be successful. It's impressive that you do so many different jobs and have so many income streams.

19. angelapride

angelaprideBanned

Threads:
    Sorry but i am not interested to make money by online because i have no time to do extra work and make money online. I have got a very good job and salary is too good so i don't think so we should take extra stress just because of making money.

20. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I write some articles for this particular site. The pacing of the earnings are good depending on the number of posts and the page views. Aside from this, I also have two ptc sites and a play-to-be paid game site. I'm not earning that much because I don't have the necessary long hours needed to earn really decently. But I try my best everyday.