How Do You Make Use Of Google Drive?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by DesignerMum • Mar 6, 2015.

1. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Google Drive has 30GB storage for files. I use it to store downloads in the form of Doc, Sheets and Slides. Most often the materials I would be using in an online class I am taking. Supposedly it works well with the other Google features, like Google Hangout and Google Forms. It is Handy, fast and has a download option, so I could continue my work offline if I needed to. Other than that, I've not used it much outside class.

The big idea is to have all these information available when I need it, and be able to sync them across multiple devices to use with my account. Have you tried it out? What do you think of it?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Google Drive but only because I was forced to. Clients I worked with upload assignments on Google drive and they'd ask those they hired to do their work "online." This made it easier to collaborate. They could edit what had been written, add notes, comments etc, etc which made working with them [the clients] a breeze. Outside of that, I don't use Google drive.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only time that I have ever used Google Drive was when I got an application on my tablet, because MS Office was not working, and I needed a way to transfer what I had written in this knock off office application, to my phone and to my computer. Google drive seemed to be the only way to transfer the documents. That is the only times that I have used it.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Files that are native to Google Drive, AKA Docs, Spreadsheet, and the like, don't count against the storage limits. Only other file types do, so you can store quite a bit more than 30 GB worth of data, technically speaking. Anyways, I have 116 GB of storage in Google Drive that didn't cost me a dime, but I don't actually use it that much.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use mine just to store some videos that I like that are too big to store in my laptop. For my more important files I tend to just save them on a local external drive, but for some that I don't mind losing or just leaving around for a while, I use cloud storage. I also like using it for sharing some videos with friends and family because it's much easier to just send a link rather than the whole video.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    It's a nice place to store text documents and pdfs when away from main computer. It's also good for sharing docs with clients on group projects. I never rely on it solely though.

7. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    I use Google Drive for personal files. Self-made pictures, videos, photography, art, that sort of thing. One unique thing I use it for is voice-recorded files such as lectures or my own personal audio notes. Those sort of files need a pretty good organization method and can take up quite a bit of space. I'm very impressed by Google's more recent extensions to storage space, 30GB is much better than the original 5GB!

8. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I use google drive as a temporary storage for my files which I can easily access in my other devices. But, I am not comfortable putting important files there as I am afraid that one day, all my files are gone.. or I will not be able to access my files without paying.. you know.. $$$

9. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I used Google drive for 1 year already. It is quite useful as long as you have a stable internet connection. I store, organize and manage large amount of files in it. I love using Google Spreadsheet and Writer and stored them directly inside my Google Drive.

10. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    It's a good cloud tool I guess; as good as any. I use it sometimes when I need to access and modify files in multiple locations. It makes the work easier if you have internet.

11. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    With my friends in school!