How do you plan on saving money on winter outerwear?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Aug 24, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Coats are truly expensive. Keeping warm is no joke. So, what I try to do is revamp coats and jackets I already have in my closet. Usually, they'll look like new with a good cleaning and tightening of a button or two. Also, I enjoy shopping online at Burlington Coat Factory. They have the best deals for anyone petite, regular or plus-size.

Great all weather coat from Burlington Coat Factory.
    warm-300x290.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I wear only one coat, for all occasions. I keep one old jacket in the closet in the even that I have to do something that would involve getting dirty, but other than that I have my one coat that I got on sale that I will wear till it is no longer functional no matter what the current style is. Personally, I don't care about fashion that much. I think it's a little silly to have to have so many of an expensive item when you aren't going to wear it when people are really looking at you that much anyway.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I own just one winter coat that I bought a few years back. It's still looking good and most importantly, keeps me warm. So I see no point in spending money on another one, at least not this winter. I don't work outdoor so my coat gets dumped on a hanger as soon as I enter a warm location - you could say that the sweater or t-shirts are my main winter wear :D

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy new for each year, if there is anything that isn't too tatty in my wardrobe it automatically gets kept and worn, because I really don't see the point in wasting a lot of money on clothes that you just don't need to buy. Buying the latest fashions doesn't particularly bring anything to my life, clothes don't make me happy, and I work from home so nobody really sees me during the day. And the only people who I do see are my friends, and if they care about what I wear then quite frankly they're not real friends anyway, are they? So I will only ever replace things that are definitely long gone, and that I cannot repair in any way. I bet I spend the least amount of money on clothes of all of the girls in my area, there's no doubt about it.

5. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I think that you need to be careful how you skimp on winter clothing. Cold is no joke and falling on your arse without a bit of padding sucks too. I usually sit down with my wife right about this time of season and figure out how much she wants to spend on Winter gear and what we need. Then we start saving. We'll get what we need now, and buy bigger things for the kid at the end of the winter season so we can have it available for the next season. Any good deals out there I'd love to hear about them. Time to clean those closets out everyone!