How do you receive or use your earnings from Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by smartdude966 • Nov 12, 2014.

1. smartdude966

smartdude966New Member

Threads:
    If you sell on eBay or have an online job that pays through Paypal then you have gotten paid through Paypal. There are a bunch of ways you can use your funds. Such as receiving a check, transferring to your bank, paypal mastercard, or you can buy things where paypal is accepted. I have used mostly all of these methods except for the paypal mastercard. Which method do you use to use your paypal funds.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I got the PayPal Mastercard immediately. I had no desire to wait for a transfer to my bank account to spend what was in the account. Not to mention, it helps me in that I can keep certain funds separated and only use the PayPal card for specific things and at a particular set of websites. If anything happens, it happens more to that account, not my entire world.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I receive my earning by loading my funds from PayPal to my bank account, I use my funds mainly for investment and the other little things such as, grooming myself, putting gas in my car, buying lunch and any other little thing that the money can stretch to cover. I'd really love it if I come across a good, steady online job that I enjoy doing and that pays not less than $10 a day.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have always received a check from Paypal. It's something about cashing a check that I worked for that I like. The checks arrived in a timely fashion too. I had gotten so that I would always request payment way before the holidays and usually on a Tuesday and the check would arrive on Saturday.

I had considered the Paypal MasterCard but I don't like keeping track of how much I have spent along with the fear of embarrassment of a decline at checkout:eek:.

5. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just keep it in my pay-pal account and buy stuff online with it when I need to get something. I have looked into getting the master card, but unless I read it wrong there is a fee of around five dollars every month and I don't want to have to deal with that. I did not even know that you could take money out of the account by a check. I might look into that because sometimes having a bi of cash on hand would be a good thing.

6. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Well everyone pretty much answered your question :p. To sum it up, you can receive payments via credit card (if you have a merchant account) or direct deposit to the account using your email address. You can use the money by either having it linked to your private debt/credit card, bank account, a paypal debt/credit card, or you can use the funds directly from your paypal account to purchase things online.

7. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I work from home and most of my online earnings I received via Paypal. Most of the time, I just withdraw my Paypal funds via local bank account that's linked to it. I seldom buy stuff online, only digital products like ebooks and softwares. I never tried doing anything special with my Paypal acccount, just the usual stuff >> receiving/sending money, withdrawal and payment only. :)

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I withdraw paypal cash to my bank account and use it for paying for stuff off-line. I'm yet to start making decent cash on the net so the money is spent on paying for a few things "here and there."

It would be more convenient to use paypal cash specifically for online purchases but I hardly ever buy anything online and even when I do, I don't spend more than $20 so it makes better sense to withdraw the cash to my account.

9. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Usually I extract my earnings from paypal into my bank account, and use them in real life. This way I keep on earning, if I'd use the money only online, soon the motivation would drop, and eventually I wouldn't earn anything because it wouldn't be real for me. At least that is how my subconscious would understand this.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I generally just transfer it to my bank account. Right now I am not buying enough thing online to just use it for that. The money coming into my paypal is needed to pay bills that are coming out of my checking account, so I just transfer the money. I have never used paypal mastercard or received a check from paypal since it is so easy to transfer funds.

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    The very large majority of the time I'll transfer my funds to my bank account as soon as I get them. Occasionally I'll keep them in there and use paypal paying options on sites like Etsy or the play station store...but overall I'd rather have it in my bank. I just prefer it that way.

12. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the Paypal debit card, and it works anywhere that you can use any credit or debit card. If I am shopping online someplace that takes Paypal, I just use it to pay. However, if it a place like Amazon, then I use the Paypal debit card.
    I never tranfer it to my bank account, and never have asked them to send me a check either.
    For me, just using the card makes it very simple, and I can buy groceries at the grocey store, or shop online, and about anything else I want to use it for.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always transfer to my bank account because it's easier. I also use it to transfer money to other people or to buy some things online rather then use a debit or credit card. It depends on the amount really. A large amount I would still use a credit card for protection, but smaller amounts I'm happy to use PayPal.
    I've looked at the card, but right now, I don't need it though it does look more convenient.

14. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I have been using paypal for quite a while now and this is one of the things that I'm most thankful about. I love the idea of it. But anyway, I receive my payments from paypal by transferring the funds over to my bank account. The disclaimer is that it can take as long as two or four business days but based on experience, it gets into my bank in just about two business days. It's really fast and reliable. I love it.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use my Paypal earnings to transfer my funds to a bank account. But sometimes I just spend my earnings online when I see something that I like.

16. HunkyDoire

HunkyDoireMember

Threads:
    I have always used the PayPal debt card...I too hate waiting days for the funds to transfer into my bank account. Heck, I hate waiting for some companies to clear their e-checks through PayPal, which can take up to a week sometimes! (Yes, I am impatient!) I guess I got used to being paid immediately for my efforts through my first web-based opportunity, which was working as a ChaCha guide. I had this nifty red debit card that I could cash out any time I wanted to...it really came in handy on rainy days! Sigh. I miss the good old days of being a ChaCha guide...then they hired on way too many people, and it just became impossible to even make a dollar an hour.

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only withdrew to bank account and used the balance to pay before. Didn't have any problems with either. Took around 3 days for the money to get trensferred to my bank account, which is pretty okay, considering I live overseas from PayPal's HQ. The process and fees were all around pretty reasonable, maybe even surprisingly so.

18. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just transfer my PayPal balance to my bank account on a daily basis. The money hits my account immediately so I can spend it straightaway if I need to.

19. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    I use my paypal to buy CHEAP jewelry on EBay! I buy from the sellers in China, and you end up winning things such as necklaces, bracelets, and earrings for less or around $2! Just go on eBay and 'refine' from lowest price and shipping and watch the items until they are about to go off. If you bid too soon the seller will up the price from a "private listing" so don't give them the time to!

20. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I transfer it to my bank account. Some goes into savings, and the rest is mostly gas money at the moment, and maybe some other small expenses. I only shop online occasionally, so I don’t really need to keep a balance in my Paypal account.