How Does Pizza Hut's "schedule Your Delivery" Work?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • Mar 20, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I just-now ordered

for delivery later today. The landing-page after order-placement says, "Your order will be delivered on Friday, March 20 at 3:00pm" (and yes, that's the time I chose).

But I wonder how that works out (on their end as well as mine). Is my pizza's preparation-'timelingth' figured and added to the cook's schedule as an "appointed time" (or whatever The

Doctor calls 'an event that cannot be avoided')? Or is my name just added to 'the list' as if I made the order at such a time?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot comment on how Pizza Hut do it but havng worked at Dominos's, I know that these pizzas are added to the cooks schedule automatically half an hour before the time you have chosen. This gives time for the pizza to be put together and cooked, then delivered.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I imagine it works very similar to how missbishi said Dominos does it. I'm assuming they just take your delivery time and subtract an hour or 30 minutes in order to get it delivered on time. I'm curious as to how often they are on time. When I order a pizza online it usually takes them well beyond the promised delivered time.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Being on

-list, I get a few online-coupons from them every week. Using one of them yesterday (ordering a pizza A.S.A.P. rather than -prescheduled), I saw that--after you order--they display a 'countdown clock' of about 45 minutes (for two medium-pizzas) and--either because I live fairly close to the Pizza Hut (about a fifth of a mile-or-three) or because business was slower-than-usual (it was Wednesday, early-afternoon)--they got it here before the time 'ran-out.'

I suppose I've ordered enough to say that 'they are usually on-time,' but I'm usually on too loose a schedule to really care as long as they get it to me within the afternoon/evening-time that I order it.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Based on what I've read about it, you're pretty close to what they do. There's a 30 minute window before they use to prep & cook your order. Time fluctuates depending on the size of the order.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Agreed, that is likely all they are doing. Now that most restaurants have touch screen computers keeping track of orders and not relying on "calling out" orders and hand written tickets, it's much easier for them to keep track of orders, even if they need to be a few days in advance. The other benefit to the restaurant is it will help them know when they need to be staffed properly or not, especially if they have bunch of orders already lined up for what will typically be a busy day anyhow.

I used to work at a local pizza shop that would literally be "sold out" weeks in advance for Superbowl Sunday orders. If you didn't place your order with them at least 2 weeks before the game, you were SOL, since the restaurant was already booked to capacity with orders. Our fryers could only cook so many wings per hour, so there was nothing we could do about that aside from being careful we didn't oversell them and not be able to get all the orders out in a timely fashion.