How EARLY Should I Drink My Beer Everyday?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mythman • Jul 22, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I know you're not supposed to drink 'before 5 p.m.' So lately I've been drinking right before bedtime. But I've ALSO been unable to sleep until 3-or-4 a.m. (going to bed at 10 p.m.)

Maybe it's the 'inexpensive' brand of beer I usually buy. You think maybe I should try drinking earlier in the night (that is, after I'm home for the night)?

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    That is just a guideline there really are no rules. People may judge you for drinking early, but who cares. I think you should drink one early in the evening when you get home or at dinner. One beer a day is actually good for you, but it can make it difficult for some people to sleep. If you're at home go ahead and drink your beer earlier, no one is gonna know and if someone does just ignore them.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I think about lunch time is the right guideline in my view, if you are drinking alcohol at 9am in the morning then there is a problem, I regularly go to my local pub for lunch and a pint about 1pm. :) Have a beer when you want to, don't let anyone dictate to you.

4. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    ...Why are you drinking right before you go to bed? That's as bad as drinking as soon as you wake up!

Don't run to the extremes. Drink in the middle of the two you dummy!

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well I'm curious why you're drinking in the first place.

If you moved it to right before bed, that tells me you're not doing it because you're trying to get drunk.

And if you're doing it simply because you like the taste of a cold beer, then what difference does it make if you have it earlier in the afternoon?

Also, how frequently are you drinking? Alcohol does interfere with your sleep, so if it's regularly, you might want to consider not drinking as much (or as often) and yes, definitely move it to earlier in the night.

6. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Good advice, but I'm kinda sensitive with the name-calling :rolleyes:

I think I somehow got the idea that it makes it EASIER to sleep :confused:

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best time to drink beer is when you are not going to work the following day. So that would have to be on a weekend. Besides, drinking beer on a weekday is just asking for trouble in my opinion, lol. But if you just take like a bottle and you don't get drunk, then I guess during dinner time would be nice.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it can make it easier to sleep. That is if you drink until you pass out from said drinking. That makes sleeping a breeze! No, drinking before bed can have the opposite effect if you are reasonably drinking. Alcohol can sometimes ignite an energy to do things like...hmm....drink more? I find a drink with a meal is the best time for me to drink. That can be breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. The time is not really relevant unless you consider the fact that drinking before bed may affect the type of sleep you achieve and weight gain issues.

9. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    For the first time in my life, I had a 'drink right-after dinner' (yesterday). I overslept this morning, but I slept better than I have in a long time (tho cutting-off any coffee after 2 pm may have something to do with it :p)

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So that means my suggestion was actually helpful in making your sleep better? I guess to test if the time does have an effect in your sleep, then drink beer with coffee too so you know which one is the culprit. I actually don't drink by the way, unless the alcoholic drink tastes sweet. :D

11. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Based on your questions, maybe you should give beer a rest. The only people I know concerned about the appropriate times to drink alcohol are folks suffering from some type of alcoholism. (Yes, I am being judge-y.) Save your beer drinking for the weekend when your bedtime won't affect other areas of your life like work.