How far in advance?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Strykstar • Sep 1, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    How early do you get started on your Christmas shopping?
    I just ordered my first gift for the year, taking advantage of an Amazon sale so I'm starting early this year, just need to hide it well for a couple of months now :)

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    It's never too early, especially if you find discounted items that you know your loved ones will love as presents! Wait too long and you're forced to buy presents that are not targeted or expensive. I'm against shopping for things that I don't use there and then but gifts are an exception. If you want great gifts and good prices buying in advance is a must. But finding a impenetrable hiding place is another story :p

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try to get started as early as possible so as not to stress myself out too much by the end of the year but I can't help it sometimes as the greatest sales are usually only offered towards the end. I may try a bit harder this year and get started a few months ahead, but I'd only start to stock pile if there were really some good sales that I could take advantage of, otherwise, I'd just wait.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am so horrible. I get started a few days before Christmas. Yes, I know that's bad but the people I buy gifts for are not particularly picky. My problem and annoyance with love ones I buy gifts for is the fact they are never satisfy. There's always something wrong with the gift and they prefer a gift card instead. Sighs. I use to take my time when I was a teenager and be considerate and buy something I thought they would like but got a different reaction once they opened the presents. Anyway, in recent years I have done my shopping like 2 weeks before Christmas. That is a significant improvement to 6 years ago when I would wait 3 days before Christmas to randomly pick up gifts for family and friends.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    My christmas shopping is dictated by our bonuses which we usually get in the middle of December. So yeah, We're one of those who rush for christmas gift shopping. My husband and I go early in the morning at our favorite bargain shops which have quality items that would suit everyone on our list.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a tendency to just give cash as gifts unless it was an exchange gift for a Christmas party, so I don't have a fixed date when to start Christmas shopping. Sometimes I do it when I see something on sale, so it's really not planned in my case.

7. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's ever really to early to start shopping. Personally, I'm terrible with it and I wait until the last minute which is the worst time to do it because your selection can be kind of limited and there are people everywhere. Last year I was shopping up until Christmas day to get a few last things. One of my cousins starts his Christmas shopping right after the Holiday when a lot of the deals are going on, and he finishes soon after. I wish I could do that kind of thing, but I seem to just let it go as long as I can.