How FAR would you go to Fight AGING?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 12, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Aging... It's something we all must do, but also something that we all seem to either fear or try to avoid, in some way or the other...

Most people, when they think of "fighting the aging cycle", their minds go directly to those who choose to have advanced surgical operations aimed at either slowing down the effects of aging, or at least stopping these effects from showing, so that their "youthful glow" shall be retained...FOREVERRR!!!

Okay, so that sounds extreme, but let's face it: everyone would love to keep their "young looks", even when they increase in age.

And, if we think about it, plastic surgery isn't the only way proven to fight this "age monster".
    There are simple methods, like exercising, face peels, eating right, and getting enough sleep.

So...

How far would YOU go to Fight AGING?!

Let me know!

2. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    I don't mind a few wrinkles and grey hairs, it is natural to age. The furtherest I go is prevention. I stay out of the sun as that will age you quickly. I also use moisturising creams on my face and hands. In addition, I believe you are what you eat, so I watch my diet and take a full spectrum multi vitamin every day.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely have to agree with you: prevention is definitely better than cure! I, too, see the need to "progress naturally" with a few wrinkles here and there, but I believe in taking the necessary NATURAL steps to ensure that our bad habits and practices aren't the reason why we are "suffering from some poor and unfavorable side-effects of aging". Things tend to feel worse when we're "the ones to blame", and when we could've done much more to actually ensure that we were in better health.
    The sun is great, but we know what overexposure to it can do to us! Eating is great too, but we have to watch what we eat, and ensure that we are consuming in moderation. It's better for us to stay away from the "treats" we so OFTEN reward ourselves with and at least ensure that our health is in tact, rather than indulging in every last "treat" that we can think of, and then suffer the fate of not being around tomorrow, when our family needs us.

Our health is more important than we think, and it's better for us to start at the foundation of ensuring our health is where it ought to be, before we even begin to "stress" about "aging".

Thanks, as always, for your valuable input Frogurt!

4. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    Like most in this thread I would try some products but I wouldn't go to the extremes that some other striving for youth will do. Aging is a natural product of our lives and while there are certain ways and factors that can attribute aging, worrying about it so much has transformed the beauty industry to a billion dollar one. Don't smoke, eat right, and go see a doctor every now and then. I guess apply some moisturizer or skin toner every once in awhile to keep things fresh :)

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We are living the the exact opposite of being healthy, therefore we age quickly. Instead of complete sleep of 8 hours, most of us sleep only 4-6. Instead of eating healthy, we eat instant food. Instead of exercise, we sit in front of the computer all day. And these are just basic requirements for a healthy body yet we defy them every single day of our lives.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No matter how hard we fight, eventually no matter how young we look, our strength will start failing. So much as plastic surgery could fool the rest of the world deep down you'd know you are old. I never do anything to please people, gain their acceptance, respect or anything. That's why if old age creeps on me [and my age says I shouldn't be doing certain things], I wouldn't try to look younger just so I could do those things [like creeping after younger women ☺].

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me personally, it's not so much about how many wrinkles or grey hairs, but rather about one's personal energy. You might look five or ten years younger with special care, or even surgery, but your posture and the way you move, can easily betray your age.
    In my experience, those who are well-toned due to regular exercise, a lack of stress and a sensible diet, seem to have a certain timelessness about them. That, combined with a hearty smile and a positive attitude to life, makes people really youthful.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I am not really scared of looking or growing old because that is only natural. Honestly, I find those who undergo cosmetic surgeries to look younger really scary. A celebrity here had a botox, and she now looks so fake. She can't even smile properly anymore. Anyway, to at least look refreshed, I drink a lot of water to stay hydrated. I also wear sunblock all the time when I am at home and especially when I am out. I go to spas to get facials sometimes as well. These are the only things that I do. I will never get a surgery because it's expensive and unnatural.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't have surgery to avoid aging, but I would wear sunblock and moisturize.
    I don't mind aging but I see no reason to accelerate it by spending too much time in the sun.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't go very far at all. I am 24 right now and coming 25 in October. I do have some lines of my face, but I am not sure if that is due to me not taking care of myself in the past, or if I am aging faster than everyone else. Either way, I still look youthful. I have never been afraid of getting older, but I would like to get rid of the lines that have formed on my face.

11. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Exercise, proper diet and adequate rest. Beyond this even if you take the pains to halt ageing, I don't think you'll have much success. I don't mind using a herbal hair dye but I wouldn't really go beyond that. wrinkles, bags under eyes are common and I would accept them than fighting them out.

12. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I just try to live a healthy lifestyle, keep my skin and body hydrated, and wear at least a little SPF if I think I’ll be out in the sun even for an incidental amount of time. The usual stuff. I doubt I’d ever be able to afford cosmetic surgery, and even if I could, I’d feel like a giant phony if I chose to undergo the procedures. There are much more worthwhile things on which I could spend my hard-earned cash.

13. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I don't care much about the physical aspects when aging starts to show. It's inevitable, really. Even if there are loads of products with claims of defying aging and what not, I don't think they actually last forever or for a long time. I'd rather take care of my health and have a healthier lifestyle than make my physical appearance appear younger.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As much as possible, I want to go natural when it comes to beautifying myself. Plastic surgery or makeover using medical operations never crossed my mind. The most I can have is that dyeing of my hair. Other than that, well, we have to admit our age, hahahaaa. But if I get a slender body perhaps I would look younger for my age.

15. kitsiks

kitsiksNew Member

Threads:
    Rather than prevent aging, I think my goal has been to 'age gracefully' as they say. So I'm really not for cosmetic surgery. In terms of prevention, good skincare especially sunscreen is my best defense against wrinkles. Still working to get a healthy diet and exercise regimen going.