How Far Would You Walk Just To Redeem A Coupon?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by mythman • Jan 18, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    In a discussion on '

,'

commented that he would avoid one of them & 'go the extra distance' in order to save a few bucks.

This reminded me of a few years ago when I found a coupon for a

discount, started walking in that direction and--when I discovered that the Carl's Jr. I was walking-to was twice as far-away as I had first thought--just kept on walking (even though there were plenty of places in-between where I could've gotten just-as-good a deal)!

Granted, I didn't have a crowded schedule (with places to go, people to help, quests to fulfill before too-late, etc.) ... which would have made me choose 'fast & close' over 'discounts.' But was it "worth it"?

2. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I would walk a little bit to redeem a coupon if the store was within walking distance but not too far from me. If the store is a long distance then I will take the bus or get there by car. I'm into coupons because they really do save you a ton of money. I've been thinking about using coupons when I go food shopping. I watch this show on television about people who end up paying a lot less after using coupons so it is worth it. It will surely help me out a great deal when I go to the grocery store.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess it depends. If I was craving the food at that particular place, I would go out of my way.
    Sometimes you just want Carl's Jr. , not McDonald's, so I'd walk a little farther to use the coupon.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    How far is that for you? For me, my 'cutoff-distance' is about 2 miles (I'll look it up on Google Maps and--if it's further than that--I'll pass the coupon to someone who has a car ... I don't have one, the busses don't go much outside the downtown area in Oklahoma City, and I don't need it bad enough to call a cab for it :cool:)

Yeah, I think of 'coupons' (from restaurants, anyway) as 'invitations to dine there.'

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Well, since the walk you took burned extra calories before you consumed that Carl's Junior fast food meal, I would say it was worth it. Saving money is worth saving money regardless of how far you walk to do it. If you were driving and the savings were small, I'd say it was possible it wasn't worth it, unless you were also taking care of other errands in the same area.

6. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably walk about one mile to redeem a coupon, I couldn't see myself walking much further. I would keep it or give it to a family member if I had to walk further than one mile. Then again it would depend on how much of a saving I was making.