How frequent do you brush your teeth each day and how long?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I brush my teeth every after meal. When I am at home I would even do it every after snack and I do it for very long time like 5 minutes. I enjoy doing it even if my mouth stings after it. But my uncle said that brushing during unnecessary times and for very long is bad as it bleaches and thins teeth, making them less durable and fragile.

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    5 minutes is way too long, in my opinion! Your mouth shouldn't hurt after. You're just going to wear down your enamel. I brush my teeth twice, sometimes three times a day. In the morning, at night, and maybe once if I've drank a lot of sugary drinks during the day.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I brush my teeth twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. I also carry floss on me just in case I need it after a meal. I feel like twice a day is enough to sustain a healthy smile without hurting your teeth.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Your uncle is right. You should wait for at least 20 to 30 minutes after a meal or snack before brushing your teeth because it could soften your enamel and makes you teeth get weaker faster. I usually brush twice a day and as long as two and a half minutes each. I also use mouthwash for a minute after brushing my teeth.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I just brush twice a day. In the morning and in the evening when am about to get to bed. I normally find it realistic that way even though it is recommended that you do it after every meal. Personally it is not for me even though I really try. I hope am not the only one.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Exactly. You're doing your teeth more harm than good at this point.

And as for me, I brush 1-2 times and I should probably do it a little more often, but I don't really think about it all the time. I don't floss quite as often as I should either.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also brush my teeth twice, or thrice a day if the meal that I ate has some "after taste". It's quite overboard to brush your teeth 5 times per day, because the other members are right, you will only wear out your enamel. Remember that anything in excess of what's moderate can be harmful.