How is the service at Chile's in your neighborhood?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AutumnFaith2012 • Aug 27, 2012.

1. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    Has anyone noticed that service at the Chile's restaurant chains is going down hill? There are two in my area. I used to love going to Chile's because of their low prices, family type atmosphere, and great food, but things are changing :( First, Chile's started a new "team" service concept where they wait on tables in teams...well at least that is what the servers say when they first stop by the table. Honestly, I never see the other team server and several times I've had to flag down someone else's server just to get a refill on a drink or find out where my food is at. Second, the wait time has been horrendous. I mean, an hour, really? They used to advertise that you could get in out and in an hour, but the past few times I've been there it's taken that long between appetizer and entree! I was hoping this was just a problem at one store, but the other location in my area is having the same trouble. Anyone else out there having a bad experience with Chile's?

2. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    I hope not! We go to one in Anderson, SC and in Arcadia, FL, and they were both quite good, food and service! I'll have to go back and check this out.... Love their lunch specials - good food at a good price!

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I am not anal about the service. As long as I get my food hot and the drinks keep flowing then I am fine. I can't say I have noticed a decline in service; always a smiling face and another rum and coke coming my way so I am a happy boy.

4. cassien

cassienNew Member

Threads:
    I actually know exactly what you are talking about! My boyfriend and I used to go to Chile's all the time, and I find that they really are becoming a lot slower in service, and the waiters at our location aren't very attentive. I'm really finding more and more lately that large chain restaurants are becoming more frustrating. Just the other day, we had to wait almost an hour for our food, and when it came out, it was cold. Not even remotely warm, at all. We complained and they didn't do much for us. They offered to remake it, but at that point I was so hungry I told them, "No, I don't want you to take it back. It's been an hour and we're starving, so we'll eat it cold, but we're definitely not happy with the service we just received."

On top of that, I had to ask for a spoon 3 times from the waitress, who did not return with one. I eventually had to get up MYSELF, go and find someone, take the spoon from them, and go all the way back to my table. What the heck am I tipping a waitress for, if she isn't waiting on me at all? I might as well have gone into the back of the kitchen, cooked my own food, and served myself. What a disappointment... And not even a discount on our cold food? Come on.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it used to be better. The servers used to really be on top of things like asking if you'd like a refill on your drinks or if they could get you anything else. I've gone there a couple times recently and have not had the best service or the best food. We used to go a lot more often. Well, having to tighten out belts in this day and age is one of the reasons as well, but Chili's used to be our number one restaurant of choice. Not anymore.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to Chili's in a really long time. It's too bad to hear that their service is going downhill. The last time we did have Chili's we couldn't help but notice that the spinach arichoke dip that we loved had been changed. It wasn't as good as it used to be. I am thinking we may as well just be done with them now.