How Is Your Christmas Shopping Going?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Ke Gordon • Nov 28, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did not go out on Black Friday but I was able to get a few gifts today. I also scored a toaster oven for 10 bucks, so I consider today a success. Plus I used my mall 10 dollar gift certiifcate so I was able to save some money there as well. I was surprised that the mall was not that crowded. I have seen it more crowded on a normal weekend.

2. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I started my Christmas shopping early this year. Anytime I found a good deal on an item for someone on my list, I bought it and hid it in a closet. I have bought most of the gifts for my husband and son this way, and it has saved me a lot of money, specifically on toys for my son. I also shopped online for photo gifts from Shutterfly as I found new promo codes for free items to give as gifts, and I shopped online at Walmart when I found some good deals on clothing items for people on my list.

For the first time ever, I took advantage of Black Friday online shopping this year. I shopped online at Best Buy during their Black Friday sale, which actually started during the day Thursday. Shopping in bed in your pajamas is way better than waiting in long lines at the store! I was able to get everything on my list plus I got free shipping.

I shopped at Meijer and Rite Aid's after Thanksgiving sales. Some bargains that I found at Meijer include men's jeans for $10, men's and women's socks and underwear buy 1 get 1 for $1 (not a Christmas gift, but still a good deal), large popcorn tins for $3.99, and lots more!

3. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I sometimes pick up some gifts if I stumble upon a really nice thing that I feel like someone would like to have. I haven't focused yet on doing Christmas shopping only, I've been mixing some parts of it with my everyday shopping.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Unlike most of you I haven't started yet for my Christmas gift giving shopping. I started later than I'd like, but budget demands have changed this year. Christmas shopping has gotten very constricted over the years. I'm starting later and later every year. I'm hoping to find some bargains in December for my Christmas shopping gift giving.

5. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't gone shopping yet since I am still saving up for the holidays. I am planning to shop by the first week of December. I know that there will be many people by that time, but I am still hoping for a peaceful and less hassle trip to the stores. I already have things to buy in my mind and have planned it all out so that when I get to the store, it will all just be smooth sailing from there on. I hope that my panned budget would be enough for the gifts I plan to buy, and I am more hopeful to be able to find great deals, promos and discounts during my shopping.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even know when Cyber Monday and Black Friday began or when it ends. I do need a new phone, and my mother said that she is getting me one for Christmas, so I figure that the best time to go and get it would be today, since it is Black Friday still. I have no idea when it ends. I am quite excited about getting a new phone though, as the current one I have is on its way out and has been for a while now.

7. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As Christmas shopping where I live doesn't actually kick in until December 10 - which is the traditional date for stores to start selling festive fare - fortunately - unlike the rest of you - its not something that I've even had to think about doing yet or am particularly bothered about either.

Simply because - as we don't celebrate Christmas in the same way or even on the same date as other western countries and its such a low key affair when we do celebrate it - with all the festivities centered solely around the children - that doesn't involve having Christmas trees, decorations, slap up feasts or the exchanging of lots of gifts - other than a few for the children - there isn't anything out of the ordinary to go shopping for - as apart from a slightly more elaborate meal on the night of the 24th - Christmas isn't really that much different from any other day of the year.

That said - as food prices and especially popular festive foods generally sky rocket from the 10th onwards - I will be starting to make a list of the items I need for the 24th over the coming week - so that I can stock up on those prior to the prices rising - not only to save money - but to make sure that I have everything I need and don't have to substitute anything - especially as stocks of popular items start diminishing very rapidly in the lead up to the 24th.

8. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do that kind of shopping. Either my husband handles it, or we just have our family getting our kids gifts so we don't have to worry about it. And if we're the ones shopping, we tend to wait until last minute to get everything.

9. Trisha Wagner

Trisha WagnerNew Member

Threads:
    Sounds like you did great anyhow. I did not go black Friday shopping either but I bombed today when I tried to go. Glad someone else actually did get something.

10. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My Christmas shopping is mostly done. I may need to pick up a few incidental items to round things out, but starting early was a good move. Getting my stuff together and shipping my international friends’ gifts out, though, that’s the harrowing part. Been feeling somewhat disorganized lately. Plus I tend to leave it until the last minute, though I’ve only been super late once or twice.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have finished all of my Christmas shopping apart from one gift that I will be buying when I visit the shops tomorrow. I am happy that I have been picking up bargains for the past month, because I know that I have got good deals on them that I might not have got if I had left it until December. Plus, I have been able to do it without getting into any kind of debt at all, as I have spread the cost across three pay packets rather than just one like I might have done in the past.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was able to purchase a smartphone yesterday evening from the Carphone Warehouse for £100, and considering that this phone is a high end budget smartphone, the price is astounding. I am very pleased with it. Now I just have to buy my mother's presents for Christmas. My sister and I are going into town soon to get our mother's gifts. Then I will be finished.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't started with my shopping yet unfortunately since I've been a bit lazy this past month and I'm not very enthused about the products I've been seeing at our online stores recently. I'm hing I'll see some unique items eventually but for now I have done a little light browsing and at least I've seen a few that might be good prospects for me to give as gifts to a few people but other than that I haven't really bought anything, really.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I should have started shopping for Christmas gifts but I have no time, really. My schedule is so hectic especially so that I had been to Singapore last weekend. Maybe this coming weekend, I can start buying gift wrappers. That's the first item that I buy. It includes ribbons and other wrapping trimmings like the card. Honestly, I still have to complete my list of recipients so probably I would be buying from time to time.

15. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do much Christmas shopping these days. I buy a few gifts for friends and loved ones, and also make a few. Other than that, when I'm feeling o.k., I try to bake or make up some special sweet treats for a few neighbors I'm close to. I used to go crazy, particularly when my nieces were young, but as a family, we've scaled way back over the years with our shopping, and decorating, as well. I have my eye on a few things, but haven't purchased them yet. I'm waiting to see how my sales go, before I decide how much I'll be able to spend.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still haven't done my Christmas shopping yet, but I'll just probably buy gifts for the ones that gave me gifts first so that I could save money, lol.

17. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I ordered one item, and thankfully, I ordered it early. It's been almost a week, and I was just notified that the item has been sent to Fed Ex to be shipped to me. I am confused, because I thought when I ordered the item that it would take maybe a day or two, before it would be packaged and shipped. I've had this issue before with Walmart, but I expect that, since when I order from them, the shipping is free, but I actually paid for shipping with this company, so I expect quicker shipping.

18. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I'm actually done. I've picked up things here and there, and then we did one shopping trip. The rest, I ordered online. I'm not fighting crowds to do Black Friday and such in actual stores. I do like Cyber Monday though.

I found some really great deals on our trip, so I got a lot done. I think I prefer shopping online though. It's a lot less stress on my back.

The stuff I ordered should all be here by tomorrow, so I hope that's the case. Then, I'll get started with wrapping paper and bows.