How let my cat Peeing in little box

Discussion in Pets started by Judia • May 5, 2014.

1. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    I had my cat for three weeks until now, but she always peed on the corner kitchen floor and seldom use her little box. :mad:I was so angry and stop her food for several times, but it does not work. How do you do to deal with it? I am a new owner.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    When I had a cat in the past it used to pee anywhere she liked to. But I figured out that wherever she peed at, as long as she can smell it she automatically thought that it was her toilet. What I did was I cleaned all the places where she peed at (and gave it a different smell) and left her in her peeing box until she peed twice in there. Since then she only did her business in the box and never anywhere else.

3. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    My grandma told me the same thing like you. But the problem is that she always can not stay where I let her in. She always ran out and pee where she like, which makes me very very angry. I have already changed the box, hope she can pee in the new box.

4. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Just a reminder that not feeding your cat will not teach her how to use the litter box, and the cat will have no idea why she isn't getting fed. What you'll want to do is after feeding, pick her up and gently place her into the litter box and step back (to give her privacy) and wait maybe 10 minutes until she goes. Repeat this for a week or so until she does it herself.

5. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    If you have yelled or scolded her for not using the litter box, then she probably thinks that you get mad at her for what she is doing. She doesn't understand that you are mad about where she is doing it. So she is probably trying to hide from you and is going anywhere that she thinks you won't see her.
    I would suggest that you only put a small amount of litter in her box and change it daily. I would also find the spots where she has "gone" and spray them with a mixture of lemon juice and water. I would also suggest that you don't punish her in any way for not using the box. She needs to feel safe about going to the bathroom so that she can know that the litter box is safe for her to use.

#5May 12, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  6. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    Scolding your cat will not solve the problem. First of all, use a co2 based cleaner to get rid of the pee. You can use a blacklight to locate the pee to do a more thorough cleaning. As far as solving the problem, you cat may not be using the litter box for a variety of reasons. These can be that either you are not cleaning the litter regularly enough, territorial insecurity, the fact that the cat may not be neutered or spayed, etc. I would recommend watching Animal Planet's "My Cat From Hell" TV program. There are a lot of helpful things there you can learn on solving the problem.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I would absolutely not withhold your cat's food for her not using the litter box. That said, I can understand why it's frustrating. Make sure that you clean the spot very well so that she won't continue to smell it. Also, make sure that the litter box is clean at all times, and consider adding another litter box somewhere in your home.