How long do your beauty products last? Do you use them after they are "expired"??

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by bintzc • Mar 23, 2014.

1. bintzc

bintzcNew Member

Threads:
    I'm always down for budgeting and using products until the very last drop. I'll cut the toothpaste tubes open and make sure that nothing goes unused! The same goes for my makeup products, however, I know that using certain things (eyeliner, mascara...) past their time is bad for your skin. I believe eye liner is usually safe for about 3 months, is that correct? Come to think of it, my free sample of ShadowBox mascara is about 5 months old, but I've still been using it because it hasn't clumped up yet and there is still some left.

What kind of products do you use, and what is their shelf life? Have you used items for longer than you should have?

Also, do you check what is in your products? I just realized some of my pressed powder has talc in it, to keep it fresher longer.

2. sazzieh

sazziehNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that budgeting is important, but I value the health of my eyes and skin beyond what it would cost to replace certain items. I am quite strict to adhering to shelf lives of products, getting the amounts from

I'm starting to check what's in my products, I never really used to mind as long as the results were satisfactory but then I realised that some ingredients such as mica cause my skin to get raw and inflamed. I've now discontinued using these products and am looking for alternatives that agree with my skin!