How long does it take you to finish a game?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by pandandesign • Jan 12, 2014.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually play games, but there are a few games I would enjoy playing because I am a fan of those games. Games such as Pokemon and Zelda are one of my favorite games. They usually take me about a month to finish, which I often use the walkthrough guide. How long does it take you to finish a game?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    These sorts of video games usually take me 3-6 months to complete. Not necessarily to 100%, but until the main game storyline is complete. I used to play these Grand Theft Auto type games for about 2-3 hours per day, although I wasn't solidly fixated on the storyline itself. I try to avoid using the walkthrough guide until I've completed it once on my own. After that I like to use the walkthrough guide to help me spot things I have missed and to help me get to 100%

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Most games can be completed in ten to twelve hours nowadays so it will usually take me a week or so to complete a game. Open world games take a longer time because I like to get sidetracked a lot. I normally only finish the main storyline and not going for 100 percent completion because I don't have the time.

4. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    A game such as GTA 5 takes me about 2-3 weeks. I will generally play a few hours a night after work and then quite a lot more on the weekends.

When I use to play Pokemon I was finishing in about a week but that's because I had a lot more time to play when I was younger.

5. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the game, some can be finished in a couple of hours, while some can last you months.
    GTA took me around 40-ish hours over the course of 2 weeks, but Gone Home for example I finished in an afternoon.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep. Some games can be played in less than a day while others take much longer. I've played all the star defender series of games and all of them took me less than a day to complete. I'm not much into RPG games so I can't say much about them.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I finished Half-Life and Need For Speed after a little more than a month, while GTA Vice City took me around 7 to 8 months, because I got stuck on a mission. So I think that if I play a game everyday, then
    I usually finish it after 1 month or more.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I rarely finish games, to be completely honest, but I have finished some and of those, the time it took to finish them was really varying since they were of different lengths each. In general, however, I'd say that I finish games in about a month on average, but when I do get a hold of a game that I like so much that I can't put down, sometimes I finish those within a few days - given that they are relatively short.

It also depends on whether I'm playing other games as well, but great games tend to make me want to focus solely on it. If I had other games I was playing interchangeably, I'd more likely get tired of all of them before I finish, which is why I love free mobile games because I don't feel compelled to finish them since I didn't pay for them anyway and I could then just use my time looking for better games or doing something else more productive instead.

9. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the game. I have been playing some games for over a year now. While others, I just don't like and stop playing after less than an hour.

10. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    It depends on the game! I can beat Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 on the PS2 in one sitting if I really wanted to haha. On the other hand, Assassin's Creed, at least the first time I played, took me quite a while to finish. I never even managed to finish Skyrim though, that's how much there was to do. I got into the underground elven dungeons that they took over from the dwarfs, but their senses were too good and I kept getting detected and killed lol.

11. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    For me it is normally a month. I do not like spending much time on a game. One I start it, I give it my full attention and learn all the tricks of passing to the next stage. I think a month should be enough to master a game and finish it. I have seen someone stating that 3 months, well that is really a lot of time to spend on a game.

12. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It varies, but if I'm playing to finish a game then the outside estimate is two weeks - otherwise I'll complete everything in about a week or so. And yes that is with me working, because insomnia you guys. Insomnia. That said if I'm find with never completing a game then it just stretches onward.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have games that I've never finished because of work or other obligations, and then I have games that I've finished in 2 weeks because I stayed up way too late and played all weekend long. Lately, since I moved to a new place, I've been working more and gaming less, so I have a backlog of games that I'm waiting until summer to finish.

#13Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  14. Trent

TrentMember

Threads:
    It depends really because open world games like gta5 have so much to offer as far as secrets that you could play the game for months.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Depends on the game really. For example, it took me almost 3 months to finish Assassins Creed III, not because the game is too large, I mean it is kind of large, but I just got bored of it eventually, most of the time you're just running around talking to people, unlike the previous games. But if the game is really fun to play, I'd finish it in a day. When I played Portal I was hooked instantly, took me 5 hours to finish the game, I didn't even stood up from my chair to poop, that's how fun that game is. Anyways, yes, it depends on the game. If a game is fun, within a week, if a game is boring, months, maybe never.

16. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't finish most games, even a lot of great games I haven't finished. I really need them to have a strong drive to keep me interested. And now I'm not motivated to play games that take a month or more to finish.