How Long Has Walmart Grocery Had That Tag-printer In The Produce-section?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by mythman • Jun 23, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    In case you haven't noticed it, there's a little scale in Walmart's grocery's produce-section (with the fruit, vegetables, and whatever-tomatoes-are). If you put your picked-out product on the scale & select it on the entry-screen (like in self-checkout), it'll print-up a smally sticky-tag with the price and UPC (I was about to say 'UPC-code,' but that's a "tautology"---like "ATM Machine" :p); so when you checkout (self- or cashier-), you don't have to 'weigh it again and find the code etc.'
    Did they just get that recently, or have they had it for years already?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Certainly I have not realized there is one, at least not in the produce section that is available to anyone, but in the poultry area for employees only.

I have to check this out in my next visit this weekend.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tried to look-up any 'history' on that tag-printer, but the closest thing I found was

I emailed Walmart to find out how long they've offered customers use of that tag-printer. I also gave them this thread's address (which by-the-way also showed-up on my

); so either their customer-service responder will get back to us on that, or they'll get back to me and I'll fill-in here.