How long have you had your car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Dora M • Jul 25, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always regarded my car as a workhorse more than anything. My priority is that it runs well and can be easily fixed if there is something wrong with it. For years now I have been driving older Volvo models, as I find them to be extremely reliable and practical. Also I like the feeling of being inside a “tank”. I have had my current Volvo for almost nine years now and it has never let me down. What kind of car do you drive and how long have you had it?

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have only had it about a month. My husband just got it for me. It isn't new or anything, it is an older car. But it runs great and has great gas mileage. I love my car and am hoping it will last me many years. But, it is a Toyota Camry. It really is a nice car, I love it.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have had my car for about 6 years though it hasn't been driven regularly in almost 2 years. My vision problems got to the point to where I just could not be trusted to drive, especially with a baby in the backseat. We finally made the decision to sell it and are just waiting for the money to come through. I plan on getting two surgeries done on my eyes in the next couple years and once they are both done, we will get me a new car. I am not a big fan of driving in general but it will be nice to not be dependent on other people any more!

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    My car used to be my parents. It's 12 years old but I got it like 3 years ago. It's a Hyundai Accent.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had my car for 7 years now, I bought it new (or my dad did) in 2007, so 7 years almost exactly. I'm not exactly complaining about it yet, but I am looking to get something new soon, maybe next year or so, before it starts giving me trouble.

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My car is 7 years old. It's a Saturn ION. Overall, it's been good. The only problem is there's an issue with the ignition lock. So, I recall on it was issued some time ago. I had to replace this piece which cost me almost $200. However, otherwise, I have just kept up the maintenance and this car has never given me a problem.

2007_saturn_ion-pic-54518.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had my car for only seven months. It's a pre-used car. I bought it from a person I know.

My car is a 1996 Toyota Corolla GLi. Though it's already old, the paint still looks good and is still very dependable.

I've spent some repairs on it already but that is expected of a car as old as mine.

I'm gonna have its body lifted this weekend because it's body is too low.

When am I going to buy a new car? I don't know. I'm not sure. :D

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also the kind that thinks that as long as the car works, there's no need to buy a new one. I've been driving my car for over 11 years now. Sure, it is looking worn now but it's still going strong. There are scratches and bumps but I'm not bothered by how it looks at all. As long as it can get me to where I want to go, I'm happy. For now I have no plan to change my car.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I'm 22 and one my 4th car now. I crashed my 1st, I scrapped my second after it had done 161,000 miles and needed expensive repairs. I sold my 3rd one after getting my 4th as a gift.

10. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my 2014 Suzuki Swift for exactly three weeks and two days and I find that the vehicle is fantastic! when on the highway, the Suzuki Swift will easily give me 40 miles per gallon. My version of the Suzuki Swift is one which operates a key less start feature and so I simply push a button to start the vehicle, it also comes equipped with Bluetooth and a USB plug. The one thing I didn't like about the vehicle, is that the mirrors can't fold in, and so, I'm am stuck with side mirrors that may be damaged by someone when I'm parked and they're trying to park beside me or when they are passing me and they come too close to the car. The second thing I disliked was that the front seats can only be adjusted manually, and so, I can't simply push up a button to go forward with the seat or push it down to do back with the seat or anything of the sort, I have to pull up a lever which is very difficult at times when driving. Apart from those two cons, I love my Suzuki Swift and I intend to keep it for as long as I live!

11. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my car for almost 3 years now. It's a pre-owned Audi TT and I got for a fairly cheap price, well as cheap as Audi's go anyways, not really impressed with the mileage but it's pretty sweet altogether.

12. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Right now we have 2 vehicles. One is a 2014 Kia Soul and the other is a 2010 Mazda 5. We tend to keep our cars until they no longer run so we will have these for many years to come!! We just traded in a 2001 when we bought the KIA.

I don't know about you but I hate car payments!! :)

Danyel :)

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We - I say we because my family and I own the car so it's not exclusively owned by anyone in the family - have three cars altogether and the first one we bought was a Toyota Revo way back 2011. So it's been with us for 3 years now. Then last year we bought an Isuzu Crosswind XUVi. It's the family's favorite car as it's way bigger, more convenient and full of high end features (including built-in television and DVD player.).

14. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    4 years and counting, it's a 2002 Nissan Sentra coupe. Takes me from A to B, and that's all the matters. Although, I have to admit, a new car is what I need because it has been breaking down on me a lot this year; maybe a Scion car this time instead.

However, if I could be without a car and all the responsibility and liability that comes with it, I would, but life always have their weird and unexpected happenings that require me to have a car.

15. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I've had my Honda civic since 2007. At this point I know it's considered a little 'old' but it's still going strong and I've had no problems with it. This makes me not want to look for another car :) I do admire other cars on the road but I'm happy mine is working well so far.

16. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    My current vehicle is a 2002 Toyota Corolla and I have had it for about eight years. It has never left me on the road and I have had only minor problems with it. I see no reason to change it yet because it is so reliable. Chances are when it starts giving me problems I will chance it.

17. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I have a 2009 Ford Focus. I bought it brand new that same year. I have had it ever since. I think it has held up pretty well considering how much I drive.

18. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have had my car for the past 3 years. It is an awesome car with great durability as it is quite popular in our region. I am sure that it would last easily for the next five months after which I am planning to replace it with a newer model of the same design.

19. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I've had mine for 9 months so far. It's a tiny car because I mostly drive myself, and it also means no one can ask me to help them move. It's been a great car so far, and I'm definitely going to keep it maintained. I'm saving up for a Tesla, and this car is saving me money to do so because it's quite fuel efficient.

20. PennySafe

PennySafeNew Member

Threads:
    I've had my car for about 11 years now. It's a 2002 mitsubishi. Sometimes I've wanted to get a new one, but it runs good and it doesn't give me too much trouble. In recent years the air has stopped working and I think I'm down to one speaker, but it's always dependable for me and I love not having a car payment! I do want a new car--Id gladly take another, but I am grateful for the one I have.