How many cities have you lived in?

Discussion in Travel started by Pat • Aug 8, 2012.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People move around a lot due to jobs, how many times have you had to move to a new city? Which one did you like the most. I was born in the mid-west where it is cold during the winter, I moved to a warmer climate and really like it better. I have lived in about 4 large cities.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow,I actually stopped counting years ago, but its about 13 or so. Give or take a city. I am getting older so it is harder to keep up with it all. I have also lived in the same city more than once. What can I say. I don't like it when the grass starts growing under my feet.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I moved around a lot when I was younger. My father was in the US Army and I was a military brat. I can't even remember all the cities I lived in when my Dad was in the service. A lot of these cities were in Europe, mostly Germany. I was really glad when my Dad got an honorable discharge from the Army and we settled in Southern California.

As an adult, I have lived in 6 major cities. These moves I willingly made. Right now, I'm back in what I consider my hometown, Los Angeles. I'm looking for stability and really don't want to move again unless I can move to my favorite city, San Francisco.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I lived in three major cities, and they all had their differences. When I was little I moved around a lot, but I'm finally starting to find stability. It's been a long journey, but I'm still anxious of where life will take me next. I heard that there was a study done on kids that moved from place to place had a difficult time learning. I don't know if there is any truth to that, but I can say I personally felt that way. I never knew when we would be packing up and going to the next city, it was a little difficult to concentrate on my school work.

5. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I was born in Detroit, Michigan and I am living in Shkoder, Albania since 13 years, so it's two cities. But I have travelled a lot during my life, let's say I have visited more then 40 other cities for longer than 5 days :)

6. LiquidatorBrunt

LiquidatorBruntMember

Threads:
    It depends on how you define lived. I've had apartments in five different cities but I've traveled and stayed in quite a few. And I assure you, I was alive the entire time.:p It's a good thing to shake things up once in awhile and move to a new place. I can't imagine being one of these people who lives in the same town their whole life.

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Although I was born in the West Midlands of England, which is a very highly populated area, the only time I have ever lived in a city was between 1990 and 2008, when I lived in Plymouth, Devon, with my second husband. Even then, the population is less than 300,000, so it's one of the smallest cities in the UK. Basically, I'm a country girl at heart. We now live in a village with a population of around 3,000, and I love it. For me, cities are for visiting, not living in.

8. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I have lived in 3 cities so far and the best that I lived for almost 18 years is my home town. Its almost like a ghost town now. it was once a wealthy place back when the biggest paper manufacturer was still operating.

9. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have lived in quite a few cities. I lived in New York, Georgia, Los Angeles, Tokyo and a few other places. As I get older I try to spend as much time away from major cities because I am able to relax better when in the countryside.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't lived in a single place longer than 3 years at a time. So based on that, I would say about 10+ places? Sometimes I moved more often or for a couple years, I had my years split between IL, CT, and OH....home where my parents lived, work at a summer camp, and then university. Who knows when I'll finally settle down, but I'm kinda looking forward to it.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Only 2, I've only lived in my hometown and the city I'm currently living in. Someday, hopefully, in another country!

12. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I've lived in two cities: New York City and Tampa. The two cities couldn't be more different. What's funny is that the people who grew up in Tampa bay consider it a big city. New York offers much more in the way of entertainment. Tampa is more beaches and things of that nature. The biggest reason why I like living in Tampa right now though, is because it's within an hour drive of Orlando. I LOVE Orlando theme parks! It's far enough away from Tampa to give me the feeling that I'm "getting away." Yet it's close enough to get up and go without a whole lot of planning. The fact that I'm just a big kid when it comes to things like that is really what's keeping me living in Tampa right now.

13. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I've lived in 3 cities. I grew up in a really small town in Illinois. Then I moved to Nashville for a little while. I liked it more than I expected to. It seemed like a bigger city to me because in my town everyone knew each other. But Nashville I thought still had a hometown feeling to it. Now I live in Tampa and I love the weather, beaches, and theme parks.

14. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    We moved so many times when I was younger, because my dad was a home builder and he and my uncle went where the work was. I always said that when I grew up, I was going to stay in one place. But you do not realize that the moving gets in your system. I purchased a condo and almost seven years to the day, i wanted to move. Since I have been an adult, I have lived in six different cities.

15. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I've lived in 6 states and at times moved multiple times within those states. My family moved around due to job changes or opportunites with my parents. I moved out on my own in my early twenties while in California and moved to NYC where I reside currently. Now that I'm married and future goals are different, it'll be time to move once again!
    1. NJ (Randolph,Hackettstown & Newton, NJ)
    2. OK
    3. CO (Littleton)
    4. CA (La Jolla, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Gaslamp District Downtown)
    5. PA
    6. NYC

16. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I have lived in a few. Not nearly as many as a lot of people in the thread though. Only three in the UK and then moved to Belo Horizonte in Brazil for a few months and then back to another city in the UK. I will hopefully move abroad again soon, somewhere out side of Europe. I love to move around and see new places and people. It keeps me enthusiastic about life.

17. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Ive moved too many times in CA and a few times in Hawaii. Weve been all over. Its fun to move and explore a new city!

18. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    I have lived in five cities. Growing up my parents moved a lot and I grew to dislike it very much. I would have to say my favorite place is Ft.Myers,Florida. I spent the majority of my teenage years and twenties there. It isn't a huge city,but just big enough to have everything you'd like without the hustle and bustle of the bigger cities so to say.

19. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have lived in 3 cities my whole life. I lived in Atlanta for for little while to attend College. Then moved to North Carolina with my cousin,because she is in the military and felt lonely being by herself with her kids. Then I came back to my hometown in Georgia, this will be my home for a while or probably forever. There is no place like home and I feel very comfortable where I am at. Other places made feel sick and miss home.

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have lived in two cities in California (Los Angeles and Castaic), a few in Massachusetts (Boston, Brookline and Cambridge) and lived in New York City as well. My favorite was New York City and I can't wait to go back.