How many classic pieces do you own?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Apr 27, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I used to purchase a lot of trendy pieces until I realized how short-lived their wear was. Either they fall apart easily or the fad ends quickly. So, now, I keep a closet full of classic pieces are timely regardless of the time. I only dabble in the trends.

What about you?

classics.

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    My classics are mostly shoes. My shirts are not very expensive, and they are just normal run off the mill ones. My coat, my suit and my shoes are my only serious investments of over £100. But each has last years so really it's worth it financially as well as luxurious. Actually I do have one very nice shirt that was £60 down to £20, it has the nicest feel of any shirt I've ever worn but it does seem to be deteriorating a bit.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own 2 classic little black dresses, 2 black sweaters, 1 heavy and very classic trench coat, a couple classic and formal pants and also many neutral color pieces that I consider to be classic as well. I'm a very basic and classic person, so most my wardrobe built with classic clothing pieces that don't go out of style.

4. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Thats a really good question. I actually do not own a lot of classic pieces I should, If I was going someone style advice I would. I get too excited about trends that I really can't help myself. What I do have that I wold considered classic is a black trench coat, a black and white striped sweater, nude flats, a two pairs of good jeans and a pair of hoop earring. yeah... I need to expand on that, thanks for the advice. :)

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I have a simple black dress but its more casual then dressy. I would like to add more pieces from brand name companies (like Kenneth Cole or Liz Claiborne) but since I no longer go to an office, it may just sit in the closet. The coat is nice and I would like to have a tailored white shirt and dark blazer.

6. love_paradise

love_paradiseNew Member

Threads:
    I really don't have my own classic pieces up to now. I think it is not being about brand name, it it being about wearing period. some clothes are top quality and in good price, but not brand name. The other Way is I have not made big money myself. I spend my almost full time on my daughter and my family. Now I decide to make a new start in my life. My own business is on the way!

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any, but my dad's closet is like viewing a museum! he has coats, jackets, shirts, trousers and shoes in there that he bought back in the 50s and 60s and sometimes he still wears them when he goes out! I remember in the 90s when I was at school and my dad came for an open day and he turned up in a 1960s tweed suit, oh I could have died of embarrassment because back then I was your normal kid who was only concerned with wearing what it in fashion, and you certainly didn't wear out of fashion clothes!

He has been talking baout looking through it all and sending it to a charity shop, I believe people would love most of it these days as old clothes is kind of in.

8. Heather_Rose

Heather_RoseNew Member

Threads:
    I keep the majority of my wardrobe to classic pieces. I always have black slacks, dark & medium jeans in a flattering, non-trendy cut, a short black leather jacket, a longer trench, and several basic well-fitted t-shirts in neutrals and jewel tones. Other than that, I have room to play each season with more frivolous tops and accessories. I just don't have the time or money to change my entire wardrobe to keep up with each new fashion. That, and some seasons I just don't want anything trendy-not every style is for every woman. (cropped sweaters, I'm looking at you!)

9. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, probably not enough, haha. I’m kind of a fan of the statement piece. But I’m not exactly short on classic pieces, and of course they go amazingly well with the statement stuff that I love. I try to have two or three classic items in each category to facilitate mixing and matching, and most of my shoes/accessories lean more classic than statement. Probably because I like flashy clothes more so than accessories. The thing I’m really lacking is a classic skirt. All of mine are casual, statement, or statement-casual. So it’s something I’m on the lookout for.

10. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    Not a lot, really. I only buy classic pieces when I really adore the item and know I can only buy it there. The brands don't really matter to me. As long as they look good on me and I'm comfortable in them, they're fine with me. I probably have more comfortable pieces that aren't classic. If I did have enough money though, I'd be buying more classic pieces as I know that they're really pretty and they won't fall apart quickly.