How many days should you recover from sickness before getting back to extreme physical activity?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • Jun 11, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not supposed to have any absence on my athletic training. But I got a fever yesterday, I really bad one. Now, I am feeling better but not yet that well. I still feel weak, though I don't feel that bad as I have felt yesterday that I couldn't even move and get up from my bed. I don't even have appetite to eat. I even can't. Now I am able to move and walk, use a computer. But my sister said that I still have to rest because recovery days are the most crucial. If during the time that you are not yet that well and you involve yourself on physical activities, then the sickness, the fever might come back worse than it was before. But I don't know how many days should I spend for recovery. How many days you think I should?

2. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    If you have a fever and increased body temperature you must not train. You can train when you have a stuffed nose and a sore throat. Listen to your body, it's no big deal if you don't train for a week, it won't change anything. But, don't make it an excuse for two weeks though.

3. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with the above post listen to your body. You have more than enough time to train, right now the importance is to get healthy and well. Cause you dont want to over do it and sure dont want to get others sick... Hope you feel better.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Recovery days are definitely important. Listen to your body. You're not ready.

And once you feel ready, take it easy anyway....don't work out your hardest right off the bat because your body may not be fully recovered yet.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you should definitely pay attention to what your body is telling you, and when you feel the slightest hint of lethargy or you're not feeling well in general, then do not do anything that can physically strain you. Wait until you feel energetic just like before you got sick.