How Many Different Sites Do You Check?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by beasleym1989 • Feb 29, 2016.

1. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    How many different sites do you check for the lowest price before making a purchase? If I see something that I want to buy online, I will often check Amazon and eBay to see if they offer a better price. Occasionally I will also check big box retailers as well. Do you guys have certain sites that you check every time? Are there any that I am missing and should be looking at?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I check among the different sellers in Ebay if I'm shopping there, but for other sites I check 3 at a time if I'm buying from other Chinese stores. If I'm buying locally I only check at the different sellers in Lazada. I don't buy at Amazon because the shipping can be expensive there.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the item. Amazon is good for many things and the main place where I rent textbooks. Yesterday I shopped online for an item but a local place had it so I bought it in person.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't always spend a lot of time shopping around if the first website that I come across offers a good deal or price. A lot of the time I just want the item in my posession as soon as possible once I have made the decision to purchase it, so I am more likely to shop around at different sites that may be able to ship the item to me in a more expedient fashion.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I normally look at eBay and Amazon first and when I see that their deals are good I wouldn't go to other sites anymore. Sometimes I would check out Alibaba but I barely buy from them since I'm already contented with my finds on the first two sites I mentioned. I also try looking at Chinese and Korean sites for some items. I find their products trendy and fashionable especially when it comes to clothes and bags.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing that can save you time when comparing prices or trying to find the store where you'll buy a product at the cheapest price is using one of the many extensions which make the whole process not only easier but faster.

Just search for price comparison extensions for Chrome or Firefox and use them anytime you seek the best prices. You never will miss out on a deal.

7. coder

coderNew Member

Threads:
    The only thing I do before purchasing any product is to start searching for the coupon codes for that particular merchant/product. Once I get the coupon code with the maximum discount offer, I'll apply the code and get the purchasing done.

8. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    I personally go to a few different sites because it depends on the type of product or deal that I'm looking for. There are a few ways you can get around getting a discount on food . The main way that I go through the process of saving on food items is the Sunday paper, coupon book, online coupons, or sometimes the store itself actually has deals. But when it comes down to actual physical items such as gifts or televisions things of that nature I tend to go on a few different sites to try to look for a few deals. I do have a plug-in on my Google that provides me with the little list on the side of my screen if I'm looking for a specific product and Compares it to like 5 or 6 different website so I get the better deal but it's kind of crazy when you're really trying to look at trying to save something but you can't really factor in the taxes and if that particular side has extra fees Associated so you find yourself spending hours looking for $5 off perhaps even a keyboard which is insane. This is the primary reason why do most of my Christmas shopping as early as May.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. They are the two most well known and used retailers online - Amazon more so, I think. It just seems more legitimate for me when I shop at Amazon first, so I normally go there first. Then I will leave there and shop around at Ebay if I find the item that I want on Amazon, but the price or delivery time is not what I am looking for.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't really done much on eBay. I too usually check out Amazon first, but I also look around at other sites. It really depends on what I'm looking for. If there is a specific (and well-known, reputable) store that specializes in the item I want or need, I'll look there.

My main criteria are quality, price, accessibility, and free or cheap shipping (or free shipping to the store if not in stock, so you can pick it up there). I've come across deals that sounded good until I saw the ridiculous amounts they wanted for shipping, so now, I'm always careful to check that part out before I really get into shopping.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend a lot of time shopping on line, I will search to see if the item is available locally and purchase it locally to avoid shipping charges and to support local merchants. The internet is causing so many stores to close I try to shop offline as much as possible.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I check amazon.com, DontPayFull.com, ebates.com so I can get the best deals online. There is one shop I really like too, it's 10dollarmall.com. I browse through biglots.com, I sign up at walmart.com, walgreens.com and cvs.com so I can get the latest scoops, sale ads and get extra coupons too. These stores has online purchase deals too from time to time and you can save a lot of money shopping online at cvs.com, walgreens.com or walmart.com.

13. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    As many websites as required. Generally, reliability trumps everything else. So, even if I do find some item for a lower price on an unknown website, I buy the same item from Amazon or something. Although, if the item is like really low cost (anything below 20 bucks), I don't mind buying it from a new website.

14. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    For me it depends on how much the product costs. If it's more expensive then I'm more likely to look around on more different sites. I'll also usually look in store as well if it costs a lot of money such as white goods or furniture, to make sure I'm definitely getting the best deal possible on what I buy. Usually the first place I check is Amazon, then eBay, then I'll check supermarket sites or department stores, depending on what it is that I want to buy.

15. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I also feel that it's really important to look at a few comparison sites. You know the kind that compare all major online stores and give you the lowest price or the fastest time of delivery.

16. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    I often check BidorBuy a local auction site. I then check gumtree and olx, two classified sites. We also have a pricecheck website in South Africa that instantly compares prices and availability. So after I check all these I usually have a good idea of the pricing of an item.

17. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I won't check that many sites once I have checked Amazon, as I usually find that they are the best for what I buy because of the fact that they have so many different retailers selling on there. Sometimes I will use a comparison website to see whether I could have a better deal somewhere, and occasionally I will find one, but I can usually tell whether I am getting a good deal or not, so I will see straight away whether I could save money elsewhere realistically.

18. Noreht

NorehtMember

Threads:
    The issue with Amazon in South Africa is that it is not really cost effective for us to buy from them due to shipping charges. I know there is a service that recently launched to bring down these charges, but they still seem way to high. The product must be high value and selling for 90% off before I can buy from Amazon.

I have also frequently checked for the best price online and then gone to a local shop and haggled with them over the price to see if I could get an even better deal.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't check specific sites but when I find an item I want to buy and it's expensive enough that I would want to check for prices as comparison I'll just google search the item before making a decision. This way I can get the most up to date prices and I am not constrained to only my favorite stores as reference. Also this helps in knowing what the second hand prices can possibly go for which is helpful as well in making an informed decision of whether or not the value of the item I'm about to buy will diminish quickly or if I can rely on it to be easily sold in the future if I need to.

20. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I check as many as 5 sites and a minimum of 3 just to compare prices and see which one offers the best value. I sometimes buy gadgets online so it's very important for me to get a quality item but at an affordable price. Usually, you see the same gadget - same brand, model and specs - sold for different prices at different stores. You really have to exhaust your options. Otherwise, you'd be making a decision you might regret.