How Many Drawers Does Your Desk Have?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by cocolgooh • Jul 12, 2015.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    My current desk only has two drawers (although I do have a paper organiser tray on top and a filing cabinet with four drawers as well). I think I could really do with a third drawer personally though. Two just doesn't seem to be enough and I end up shoving unnecessary things in the drawers just to have somewhere to put them and then the organisation goes out the window. :oops:

I therefore came to wonder how many drawers other people have in their desks?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Mine has four - one houses most of my makeup, the other three are for papers and office-type supplies. It’s just enough for me, but only if I keep things in check. I like to go through them regularly and weed out unneeded things, but this is more difficult than it may sound.

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Only two; a right-side one and a left-side one. I usually just keep stuff that I don't use anymore in there, as those objects I do use are laying around my bed or my desk (at the surface, haha). Though that you reminded me... it mightn't hurt to throw a little glance there to see if I can use something, haha.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    My desktop has none, but I have 8 drawer trays on top of it, besides 2 organizers for lose papers, and a 6-basket tray for pens, markers, and other small office items.

While having no draws was a disadvantage for me when I moved here, a furnished apartment that has this desktop already, the main advantage of it is the narrow surface but long working area, which contributes nicely with the visual space setting.

5. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your replies everyone! I'm thinking I either need to upgrade my desk to one with 3-4 drawers, or get many more things to put around the room or on the desk that I can store things in! I could definitely use somewhere better to store my office supplies to be honest. I have a load of pens in an old fish food tub, of all things. I guess I need to a better place to put those!

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have four drawers and a door that I also stack things within. I love having drawers available so I wouldn't be able to live with only two.

In the past, I have just added stacking containers to the top of my desk and used it as a filing system of sorts, when necessary.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Have you thought of any chance to buying a secretary desk?

When I was younger, always dreamed on having one of these, also called secretairs, particularly one I saw in an antique shop similar to this:
    XXX_8774_1302554437_1.
    Of course buying antique furniture is not always affordable and takes too much space, but there are newly designed and cost-efficient version of this type of desk that also allow upper storage of more trays if necessary.
    Sideboard_LLH_1?wid=700&op_sharpen=1.
    This page has many ideas and advice on secretary desks,

8. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks again for the replies!
    @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint That could be a good potential solution. I'm not sure I'd be able to use my laptop on that sort of desk very easily as there's probably not enough space for that and all my other things, but I have seen similar set of drawers like that in the second image that could be a great solution. I hadn't thought of buying essentially a mini set of drawers to go on top of the desk! Maybe that could solve my issues with lack of drawer space!

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My previous desk had two drawers. I used to use one for writing supplies and one for files.
    My current desk just has a keyboard drawer and a door. So I have a small filing cabinet next to it.
    IKEA has a few small organizers with drawers if you don't want to get rid of your current desk.
    Helmer is a well known IKEA organizer with multiple small drawers.

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My desk at work has two small drawers and one large drawer. My handbag and coat go in the large drawer and stationary, pens etc. goes in the other two. This makes keeping things tidy a breeze. At home, however, my desk is more of a table really and has no drawers at all. This means that the tabletop is cluttered with a document tray, pen pots, cups and various ins and paperclips.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My desk doesn't have any drawers at all, as I like to move it around my apartment. In my office I have wooden shelves on the wall, which make it easy for me to keep everything organised and in view. I can't stand digging through papers and files in drawers when I am in a hurry. I rather prefer to have everything labeled and neatly stacked on open shelves.

12. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    None :( my desk is built into the unit I rent and it's really just a flat piece of wood in the corner of my bedroom next to my built in bookshelf so I just choose to use it as a desk. For storage I have bins on the book shelf.