How many earrings do you own and how many do you use?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • May 17, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Just as the title says, how many earrings do you own and how many do you actually use?

I own many many pairs of earrings and I find myself wearing 2 pairs (I have 2 holes on each ear) all the time. I'm just so busy all the time so I keep my earrings in and never change them. The only time I change them is when I'm going to a big event. Now what do I do with the rest? I just have so many of them and yet I find myself always buying them.

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't have pierced ears! I have a crazy needle phobia, and just never got them done. But all of my friends who wear earrings seem to only wear a couple of pairs, yet they have tons! I think the appeal is that people see earrings that would go perfectly with just one particular outfit that they own, and then they never wear them again. I definitely think if I wore earrings, I'd have way too many but would only wear a couple. A few just nice simple earrings seems to be all that people need. :)

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I also actually don't have pierced ears too :( I've tried piercing them 3 times in my life but I don't know, I just got sick and left it until it went back to normal.

I honestly love looking at all the earrings at any accessory shop I go into and sometimes I wish I could just buy and wear them. I have no idea how many I would have in my collection if I was wearing them.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I got my ears pierced as a kid but they were taken out. Tried again as an adult but one turned into a keloid and the other is stuck to this day (25 yrs l8r).
    Despite this, I have owned as many as 40 pairs of earrings at one time. However, I still find myself wanting the extra-large hoop earrings. If I can get a diamond-studded pair in this lifetime, I will be one content lady!

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I have three holes in each ear, and want a cartilage piercing. I don't have enough earrings, I prefer gemstones, not expensive ones, and I've lost a lot of them over the years. I recently actually spent a gift card with GASP something as personal as those little silver hoops and some small gemstone dangles. It was so nice to spend money on myself that way. I haven't done that in a long time. I don't have enough ear. I'm very conservative and don't have other piercings, but I would love to have my whole ear covered with shiny earrings. :)

6. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I own around 15 pairs of earrings, but wear only 3 on a regular basis. The other ones are either for special occasions or 'splurge' buys I just never got rid of. Because I realized I don't wear many of my earrings, I rarely buy this accessory anymore. I wait until one of my mainstays breaks and then replace IT with a new one.

7. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I have too many earrings to count. I have three holes in my left ear. Two of which are used to old my bar earring. Think earrings are a great accessory.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I probably own more than 50 pairs of earrings, I have studs, hoops, dangly earrings, chandelier...you name it and I have it. But I wear two pairs, I usually wear diamond studs but sometimes I mix it up and wear plain gold studs. I used to have multiple holes in each ear but I let most of them close up so I only have one hole in each ear now.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I think I have like, 10 pairs of earring? (I don't have pierced ears either, glad to see I'm not the only one!) But I wear none of them. Having the earrings brush against my neck startles me, and they get caught in my hair constantly. But, I also do a lot of jewelry making and make a bunch of earrings for my friends...I have no idea how that counts though, haha.

I think a lot of people only wear a certain amount of earrings for various reasons.

10. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    I own about 3 pairs of earrings. lol I know thats not a lot but like I said in a previous post earrings irritate my ears :(But I also don't like buying the same color earrings like if I already have some gold or silver i don't see a point in buying a similar style. (maybe because i don't have a lot of money) anyway..yeah :) I think its enough :)

11. love_paradise

love_paradiseNew Member

Threads:
    I really have too many earrings to count but I never wear one because I am unaccustomed and I am pearl earrings wholesaler. I like them very much! I feasted my eyes on them.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    As a man who wears earrings I thought I'd jump in here. :)

I have both my ears pierced once each and wear two earrings all the time. I only have one full pair (round ones with a lion in the middle to represent my football club), but I have about a dozen single earrings in a box. I only have one full pair because I have yet to find a full pair that I'd like to wear over the lion ones I currently have.

13. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I am guilty of owning a lot of earrings because I was so addicted to them some years back. I kept on buying, from cheap ones to relatively expensive ones. Honestly, I am not really able to use all of them, not to mention the fact that my taste has also changed somehow through the years. I still keep most of them anyway, because I believe that at some point, they will be useful again because it will go back in fashion or I will like them again.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to wear clip earrings because of allergies to gold and even silver. Right now, I own about 5 pairs of earrings. I used to have a very large collection of earrings, maybe 50 to 60 pair. Whenever I found an interesting pair of clips, I would buy them.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own 2 pairs, but I'm currently using just 1, and I never remove it, since it's just a little stud earring to maintain the opening of the hole, because if you don't do that, the hole will close. So I wear earrings 24/7. I'm also now starting to think that this is a real gold earring, because the gold never fades!

16. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I have lots of pair of earrings, but don't wear them too often because they end up hurting my ears. But if I'm going out, I'll usually wear a pair that looks nice, but end up taking them out as soon as I get home. I wish I could wear them more often though, because they are quite pretty.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own several pairs of earrings, it's my favorite type of jewelry to wear. I probably own around 30 earrings, but I use on a daily basis maybe 10 and the rest just on special occasions or barely ever. I do have a handful that are broken and I don't have the time to fix. I usually wear smaller, daintier earrings because I feel like they suit me better.

18. love_paradise

love_paradiseNew Member

Threads:
    I have several pearl earrings but I seldom wear them. there is only one simple pearl studs that I wear daily. Because I have to find matching clothes with them. I like pearl things so much

19. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My grandmother keeps buying a lot of earrings, but she doesn't have a lot of them. She only maintains 3 pairs and use regularly only one, with the two reserved for special occasions. When she buys, she gives out his old ones. The number of pairs she buys equals the number of pairs she gives out. She gives out when she's worn out of wearing those pairs of earrings. She doesn't buy to collect; she only buys to have a new one and experience a new design. Those pairs are not added to her collection, rather they replace some of them.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I probably own a couple dozen somewhere still, but I've moved so much that I wouldn't even know where they're stored at the moment. I used to have WAY more earrings and would wear different ones every day, but now that I work from home, I pretty much never wear any at all. I have about 2 or 3 that I rotate when I occasionally go out now.