How many online gigs do you do?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by xtina3907 • Apr 26, 2012.

1. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I have two online gigs that I do on a daily basis. I don't make much as I don't put much time into. I see people making $10 a day and up. I just wonder if they are sticking to one site or using multiple sites. If you use multiple sites, how do you have the time to do more than just one? I have a hard time with my 2 sites.

2. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Basically I work only on one online project at a time. That's because I do not need a lot of money to get by. However, I have recently moved to the capital city where everything costs a lot more than where I used to live. So now I am starting on a second project.

3. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I am signed up on 5 sites currently that I do freelance writing for. There are two that I sign into multiple times a day religiously. The others I do every other day. I have a full-time job and two children to chase around while I am not at work, so my online time is mainly limited to when everyone goes to bed. I average about $15 a day, depending on how much work and effort I can put in to each days worth of work. I am hoping to be able to devote more time to the sites I am currently registers on, so I can earn at least $35-50 a day. This would allow me to cut down on my hours at work.

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I occasionally do freelance writing but I don't make that much. I hear oDesk has a lot of nice job offers if you're willing to put in the time. I haven't really tried it as I find their req. too much of a hassle. I heard this thing about mining bitcoins but I think it has become inefficient. Anyone here have experience with bitcoins?

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have signed up to 5 Paid to Click sites that accumulate pretty well every month. I just open them all at the same time and start clicking for about 30 minutes. After that is over with I then can go on to the other sites that pay more but require more focus and time, for these I have around another 3-4. I don't find it hard to keep track of them all, I just find ways to organize them better so it is more time efficient and less confusing. Another good tip would be to use a separate email for working sites, I use a separate email from my personal one so all my working sites are organized into the other. I just open up that email and I can find out immediately what I have to do for that day. :)

6. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I currently have 4 sites that I use to make extra money. One of these sites have not been paying as well so I haven't been using it like I was. I used to make $40 a week on that site alone but lately I do good to make $5 a week on it. The rest I am able to make about $10 a week on it, so $30 a week is pretty awesome for extra money!

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do a lot of random projects. Some of them pay more than others, but combined, there's a steady trickle of income. I wish I had a few larger ones I could focus on more instead of hopping through lots, but I really don't at the moment, so I do it all.

8. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    Two at the moment, but soon to be three. I have a full time job so the time I have for additional work is very limited. If I go at it hard I can hit $5.00 a day, but it's rare that I make that.

I haven't included survey's here - although I do do them - because they are not a daily/regular thing.

#8Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  9. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I need to figure out how to make $400 per month--that is my ultimate goal. I did freelancing for a company that laid off the majority of their writers, so that was my major source of income (I was bringing in about $1600 monthly working full time as a writer). Its hard to find anywhere that pays decent b/c there's so much competition with people willing to do the same work for next to nothing.

10. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I am signed up on many different websites. I currently have regular work at 2 of them. I wish that I had more, and I wish that I had higher paying gigs as well. I make just enough to get by, that's it. I would love to spend more time, and get more gigs going, but I just don't see it happening for me anytime soon.

11. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I also do freelance writing, and recently lost many of my jobs. I go back and forth, depending on what has the most jobs and how soon I need the money (if they pay weekly or not), etc.

12. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I focus on about two to three different sites per day, which combined bring in about $5 to $10 daily. I used to do freelance writing and earn full-time income, so this is a major down-grade. However, I'm very thankful that I can still earn some money online each day. Two of the sites I use are Slicethepie.com and Rewardingways.com. You can earn about $5 per day by just completing the daily surveys at Rewardingways.com

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I only make about $2.50 a day but that's because I'm on 1 site only and I'm at school for most of the day. I've tried Fiverr before too and made about $50 from it, by helping people and translating some texts. My account got suspended when I asked for a direct payment though. It was ridiculous, the guy wanted me to translate a very, very long text in just 2 hours. That sure wasn't worth just 4 bucks!

14. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I have a website which makes a few cents, I write for Wikinut, which makes fewer cents, and I do another one which makes the most, but not much. Mostly writing.

15. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    It seems like freelance writing is a good way to make money. I have tried sites like textbroker but I never like any of their topics. I also did treasure trooper. I did ok with them. I should probably start using them again. I only have about 2 hours a day to spend online. I have an 11 month year old girl that gets all my time.

16. Compulsive

CompulsiveNew Member

Threads:
    Currently I have started off with two online gigs. I have been doing this for about a week and have made $8.50, which is quite good to start off with. Unfortunately I cannot withdraw my money currently as it needs to be manually monitored which takes about 14 days to clear. I will however continue to leave my eyes peeled as I would like to make as much money possible online. It's really hard to get a job in my position.

17. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    I am just starting off so I only have four for now. This site plus Triond for article writing and SliceThePie for rating songs. I must say that SliceThePie does pay about 6 cents per rating but they do not let you work hour after hour. You have to check back in to see if new songs have been uploaded for you to rate. All of these sites allow you to work when you have the time.

I tried freelance at oDesk but found the competition fierce and the "requirements and testing" a bit over the top. I also rate TV commercials but they are quite repetitive (but only 30 seconds long). If you want to check it out, go to:

18. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I have about four sites that I get my money from online. One is a get-paid-to site that has paid me over $100 in under 5 months so far, another is focused around doing offers (I only watch the videos on the site for a few cents), one is a site that pays me for posting on its forum, and the last pays me for typing Captchas (you get like 0.09 cents per Captcha you type, but depending on how many you do AND what time it is, you can get a nice amount).

19. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I really only use two mainly. The third I only use very scarcely. I used to have a ton going at once but hitting a site's payout when you are not using it that much takes a really long time. When you focus on fewer sites you can get a lot more money from that site rather than not spending a lot of time on it. The more time you put in the more money you are going to get, it is pretty simple.

20. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I have registered for about 5 sites but don't really earn much every week though a few dollars wouldn't hurt :) It's just that sometimes the work on these sites are inconsistent and there aren't that many opportunities open to you if your website isn't popular enough. Advertisers are more willing to work with sites that attract a greater number of pageviews. My view is to focus on a few sites rather than a variety of sites.