How many pairs of jeans do you own?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • May 18, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I'm weird, but I only own like 6 pairs of jeans and hundreds of tops! LOL. I mean, I really like the jeans that I have and I don't see the need to buy more. They're all different varieties of blue too. xD My cousin has an entire wardrobe with jeans and here I am with my measly 6 pairs. I personally think that 6 is enough because I like wearing skirts as well so I get to mix and match. How many do you own?

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I think that 6 is an acceptable amount of jeans. I have about the same. Jeans are supposed to be an article of clothing that lasts a long time, so that makes perfect sense that you would have less jeans than other articles of clothing.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have more than 30 pairs of jeans and I pretty much wear the same 4 pairs over and over again so the rest are really a waste. I would guess about 75% of the jeans are premium brands (Joes, AG, Hudson, etc) and the rest are Gap and Old Navy.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    6 is definitely plenty. Even if you wear jeans every day of the week, you would still only really need to wash them once a week.

And jeans are generally very similar. Even if they are different colors, there's really not going to be a HUGE difference between a dozen different pairs.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I only have a small selection of jeans also. It seems like a waste of money to keep buying the same types of pants. I love every pair of jeans I own because it is usually hard to find the perfect fitting jean. I think 6 to 10 pairs is enough. You can wear them with different tops, shoes, and accessories for a whole different look.

6. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I own 11 pairs of Jeans, all different makes. I like to find skinny jeans most of the time, I find I don't look too fat in them. I love my jeans :). Jeans go with everything I find. I would live in mine if I could :D. I like light blue or black jeans.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, one thing is the amount of jeans I own... another is the number of jeans that actually fit me!! I probably own 20 to 30 pairs of jeans, but not even half currently fit me. I have maybe 6 or 7 that fit me really well, and around 4 or 5 that I use frequently. It's a lot, but many of them are from my college days, so I have some pretty old ones.

8. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    You're very right on this point. I actually have jeans that are probably 10 years old now, I'm actually surprised that they still fit haha.

Wow 30 pairs? That's a lot! Gap and Old Navy, I find that they have really good quality.

Haha, i love skinny jeans! I love how they hug my thighs and legs, feels great! I know some people who refuse to wear them and they stick with bell bottoms, but I think that they need to find the one that fits them right to love them as much :)

9. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    I hate buying jeans because my weight keeps going up and down and its so freaking annoying lol I currently have three pair that I'm starting not to fit anymore because of my weight :/ anyway I'll stick to tights.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I own only two pairs of jeans - black and blue in color. The reason why is that I am really into dresses. I also love skirts. So, unlike some people, I do not live in jeans.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 7 pairs of jeans. I use one each day when I go to work and when I go to the class. 5 jeans of color black and 2 of color blue. I use black more often than blue. I find black to be more versatile. For now, I am really happy with the number of jeans I already have and I've got no plans of buying for more.

12. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I own quite a few pairs of jeans. Back a few years ago there was a sale on where you could buy pairs for just £2, so I bought 10 pairs just for housework and gardening etc. The quality was very poor (as you would expect for £2) but they did the job for the dirty work that I used them for.

13. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I have about 10 pairs of jeans only, but honestly, I only use about 3 of them on a regular basis. The others are rather tight on me and I'm also the type who will just keep on using my favorite ones. The others have also just been given to me so they are not necessarily perfect fitting and I don't prefer to wear them all the time.

I am recently paying more attention to wearing leggings and tights. I really think they are much much more comfortable compared to jeans. I like wearing really soft tights and pairing it up with shorts or mini skirts.

14. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I have five pairs of jeans which i think is plenty, two of them are exactly the same pair as I liked them so much I went back and bought another pair. Jeans don't seem to go out of fashion which is good so you don't have to go out and buy more all the time like you have to with tops. I have two pairs of blue jeans, two black and a white so they go with any top.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 6 pairs of jeans right now, and I'm not able to wear some of them now because they don't fit me anymore. I never really liked wearing skirts or dresses so jeans and those "mini-jeans" are what I usually wear. I think it's time to buy new ones to replace the skimpy ones.

16. Heather_Rose

Heather_RoseNew Member

Threads:
    I own three pairs of jeans. I tend to wear out my jeans (in about 7 months) midway down the thigh, so when they get too thin there, I make them into cutoffs for the summer. It's a good cycle; each fall I buy new jeans, and each summer I have new shorts! I have usually two pairs of work jeans (My job is somewhat physical) and one pair of 'going out' jeans. I also have a pair of khakis, one or two pairs of dress pants, a pair of leggings, and skirts for those rare occasions. I find it difficult to get a perfectly fitting pair of jeans, so when I do, I wear them until I really need to go through the shopping ordeal again. I love shopping for tops, I just hate my low success rate with jeans. It's not a matter of choosing the perfect pants, it's whether I can shop enough hours in a day to find a comfortable pair!

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I’ve got five pairs of going-out jeans and three pairs for dirty jobs and such. When I’m spending most of the week at the sanctuary I feel like I could actually use more dirty-job jeans. But my going-out number is definitely sufficient. I like to mix it up with skirts and dresses, not to mention jeans can go for a few wears before washing, so I don’t need any more. The thing I could use more of is basic tops, haha.

18. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I have about five pairs of jeans. The rest of the bottoms I own consists of my trusty denim shorts, leggings, and skirts. I have to say I'm not really a fan of jeans because my legs aren't really proportional. My thighs are quite big but on the way down, my legs are really skinny. So when I find nice pants that fit my thighs nicely, the pants flare up at the bottom even if they are skinny jeans because my ankles are so thin. That's why I opt for shorts and skirts because they don't really make me feel uncomfortable and they're easy to wear! But I still love my jeans because they're always there when I'm too lazy to dress up for the day.

19. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Six? I only have 5! Hahahaha. I don't know. I am not really into fashion. As long as what I am wearing is clean, comfortable, and appropriate, I wear it. :)

20. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I only have 3 pairs of jeans. I have a lot of shorts and dresses though. I am not really into wearing jeans nowadays so it is just fine for me.