How Many Televisions Do You Have?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by blurinoctober • Jan 8, 2013.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    How many televisions are there in your household? Do you keep a steady amount if one breaks or are you trying to ween down to get away from the distracting thing?

Currently there are three tvs in my house and five people. This number works out nicely, so I fully plan to keep it this way in the future. The television in my room is quite old, so I'm just waiting for it to stop, no matter how much I dread buying a new one.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is one television in my household and I don't own it. It's been years since I have owned a television. Just about anything I want to watch is available online. If the television breaks down my roommate will have a freaking meltdown. She loves Lifetime.

3. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I also have three - one in the front room, one in my sons room and one in mine and my husbands bedroom. My husband watches different shows than I do on many nights, as I prefer to watch girly lady shows that bore him to death. I think that this is a common thing in many households. As for my kid, he spends most of his time on the computer rather than watching t.v. ... but what else can you expect from teenagers?:rolleyes:

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    AS cheap as TV entertainment now a days, TV are cheaper than computers or tablets except those Smart TVs that you can set to go online. I dream of having it on my room after few years from now. All I really want is to record few talk shows and upload on my website. For now we have around 3 TVs as well. I have in my room which isn't usually turned on. Can't remember when was the last time :)

5. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Just one t.v. and one desktop computer. Computer gets far more use. No cable T.V. and no satellite dish.
    Made the choice between internet and cable TV. I use the T.V. as a dvd player.
    It is actually pretty old, one of the last CRT televisions. They are gone like beta players. And so many other electronic devices.
    TVs can be relatively affordable but depending on size they can also cost a good chunk of change.
    Ryder13

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have 5 televisions in my house, just upgraded them all to flat screens. I have one in both bedrooms, then one in the kitchen, and one in the living room, and there is one in the den area. Always had a tv in every room growing up, i just followed in my moms foot steps.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Right now I only have two - well sort of. I have my main television in the living room, and in my bedroom my desktop system also has a TV tuner built into it so it functions as a TV as well. I thought about putting one in the kitchen, but I was a little bit worried about it becoming damaged from grease, steam and what not while I'm cooking. Technically speaking, I have a tablet too that I can watch stuff on while I'm cooking if I wanted to, but I don't use that very often.

8. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    There are three TVS in my house, and 6 people.
    One is in our basement, where we can watch cable/DVDs/ etc.
    One is in our family room and is not hooked up to cable but can play DVDs and xbox games.
    Another is in my bedroom, but currently it's not hooked up.

I'd love to have no TV. We hardly watch it.

9. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In my house there are 4 TVs, but they are a little older. The main one is located in the living room. That is the heart of the house and that is why there is located the newest TV. The rest of the TVs are placed "strategically" in each of the rooms. I must admit that these last are a bit vintage and are now serving the last days of activity. In my house we have different tastes and in one of the TVs we only see sports (soccer is a passion in my country). I sometimes think it's a real waste of electricity but we live in a television age.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have two televisions in our house. One in the main living room and one in my bedroom. My brother used to have a television in his room as well but he no longer watches much TV, he says it is chewing gum for the eyes.

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have 3 tvs my daughter has her own in her room she watches at night until she falls asleep than on in the living room and my room the tvs in my and my daugthers room are a little older but work great the living room is new just brought it last year and i got a back up tv incase one of ours goes out.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't technically have any right now. I do have an extra screen that is hooked up to cable, but it's mostly used as a computer screen. If I'm going to watch TV, I don't even use that one usually and rather run the show on whatever side screen I have right at my computer.

13. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Zero. I am interested in purchasing a cheap TV because I'm sick and tired of watching films on our laptop on Saturday nights. But if I buy a television then I have to buy all this other stuff that I don't want to. Eventually, though, when we have a child, I'll buy a television so I can watch films with our (hopefully) son and enjoy Ingmar Bergman, Francois Truffaut and Fred Astaire.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are 3 in the house, and we have 2 tv's, but we only use 1 tv because the other one does not have an antenna yet. And since it is my dad who only watches tv nowadays, then having just 1 tv that is available for use in our house is good enough for our household.

15. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    In my household, there are a total of five television sets, three of which are active, meaning they are used or turned on on a daily basis. The other two are still functional, and they do turn on, but they're so old they require digital converter boxes which we don't have.

16. JLetterman

JLettermanNew Member

Threads:
    I have two, but the bigger console TV is a piece of furniture that is in the way. I have a small-screen LCD television that I want to put in the bathroom once I buy another larger screen LED television. I want a 50 inch for the living room.

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    We currently have four televisions; one in the front room, one in each bedroom and a spare one in the shed that I turn on when I spend time out there working out.

18. Duskre

DuskreNew Member

Threads:
    I currently only have one TV in the house and many are surprised by this, its a CRT TV. Yes, I still own one of those large boxed TV. But surprisingly it has lasted for more than 10 years and now a day I don't watch too much TV so it would probably stay for much longer.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have four tvs i keep an extra one just in case one of my tvs go out i have an extra one until i am able to buy a new one so far it's been good and i haven't had any problems

20. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    2 TVs here, and we're 4 people. I use mine to watch series and movies via flash drive, and the other one is in the living room.