How much cash have you spent on your gadgets?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Aug 30, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a netbook, a laptop, a Galaxy Note 2 and 2 other phones which would probably sum up to $2,000 in cost. That excludes the accessories that I bought for them like the cooling pad, mouse, external hard drive, screen guards, etc. Whew. Electronic devices sure are costly. How much have you spent so far?

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a lot more gadgets than I probably need also, but my source is much better, so I don't have a lot of money times up in mine . It is my happy fortune to have two adult kids that love Apple products, and are also competitive with each other, so when one of them upgrades, mom sometimes gets the old one. Since it also comes along with operating instructions, that works out really well for me.
    I have my iPad, that I have had for several years now, it is an iPad 2. I almost don't need to use my computer any more, because I can do almost everything with the iPad.
    I still have my digital camera, but I think I am going to sell it since I now only use the camera that is on my iPhone, and it is much easier than using the camera , in any case, since it automatically uploads the pictures and I don't have to plug in to the computer like I did with the Casio.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since I started buying gadgets, I really have lost track of how much I have spent, but I don't buy that often anyway so I guess I'm spending my money reasonably.

4. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't know how much I have spent on gadgets alone and I also have forgotten which gadget did I first bought.

But if I have to come up with an estimated total amount based on what gadgets I remember buying for myself, it would totally cost me around $12,000.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Usually i just buy new gadgets once in a blue moon, so i can buy them for the cheapest i can find. It's not like i have to purchase something just because it's new, it's always because i need it!

6. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    I probably spent too much! My downfall is I like to buy my gadgets right when it comes out and be an early adopter so I end up paying the highest price and also encounter the most problems just to have the gadget in my hands as early as possible. There are some which I do not regret in buying and some I do. For example, my biggest regret is probably spending over $600 on the Blackberry Playbook tablet. 2 months later the price drops 50% and 6 months later I don't even own a Blackberry smart phone anymore!

I would say though I spend on average $1000 to $1500 a year on gadgets. I'm not sure if this is high or low relative to everyone else but it is certainly one hobby that is not cheap! :p