How much did you you make in your best garage sale ever?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Apr 20, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know some people try to have some residual income by having a garage sale every other week, probably collecting things from thrift shops during the week to have more items for the weekend.
    So far I have only held a garage sale twice, and in both instances I made around $500, mainly from the sale of furniture and tools.
    How about you?

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I do not do yard sales.

I personally think it is much easier to post adds for the products on Craigslist, Amazon, and ebay. That way i will reach a broader range, and number of potential customers. Which will only net me more money, and less work.

That method has been extremely successful for me over the years. I recommend you try it.

3. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who has garage sales every couple of weeks. I've been bringing her some of my stuff to sell, but haven't had much luck with it. Now I'm starting to wonder if it really is worth the time to sort through my thing, because some if it is on high shelves and a lot of it needs to be cleaned up quite a bit. But on the other hand, now that the weather has been sprucing up, she is starting to draw bigger crowds to her sales, and she's been selling quite a bit of her knick knacks. One of her friends gave her some really nice things to sell, and he made about $400 in one day, so it can be done.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Around $500 for me.

$200 of it was for an electric wheelchair I had for sale, though, so it's not quite as impressive after I take that out.

The sale was mostly to get rid of stuff instead of about profit, so I'm thrilled I was able to sell that much!