How much do you pay for coffee (daily)?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by True2marie • Dec 28, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Fortunately, I don't drink coffee. So, Starbucks isn't a draw. Yet, I know people who can't function throughout the day without a cup of Joe from this establishment.

How much do you pay for coffee, daily?

starbucks.JPG

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy coffee from coffee shops, daily, but I do so sometimes. I usually drink coffee for free almost everyday, because we buy those sachets that are in boxes at the supermarket.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an espresso machine at work, but we need to buy our own capsules of coffee. I drink a good 4 cups a day, so I would say that comes to around 2/3 bucks a day. I consider that a lot for coffee, but I'm addicted!!

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    This is a question that I didn't make me, but I think that the spending on coffee hasn't impact on my budget ... In fact, I'm not a big consumer of this drink, but maybe go into the average, a reasonable number of cups per week. Mostly coffee consumption is in the evening hours when I get home and I relax. At work we use instant coffee, so costs are dissolved (like the taste of coffee). I usually don't visit coffee shops, but when I do I like a good cup of the best coffee, and at this time the cost increases slightly. Anyway, when we are with friends (the "coffee social factor"), money is just a detail.

In conclusion: I am not a heavy drinker of coffee and its influence on my budget is minimal (a few cents per day). :)

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I have to have a cup of coffee every morning or I won't be able to work. I don't buy coffee from cafes, I keep a bottle of instant coffee at home and make my own. This is the most cost effective to me and time saving.

6. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to sonic in the morning time and paying only 1.00 for a good cup the most I will pay would be about 2.00. but it be worth. Starbucks has great coffee and it right at 1.75 for all types.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    One dollar for Sonic coffee? What a surprisingly low price. You are getting an excellent deal. I see a lot of Sonic commercials on TV and they seem to offer great deals on their food/beverage. Unfortunately, there are no Sonic businesses in my city.

8. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Since I make my own coffee and don't see the point of buying it. I would say that I pay about 50 cents per cup of coffee. I get up in the morning and have my cup of joe. Then while I am at work I drink my ice coffee that I put in the freezer.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love coffee but I'm not drinking it right now. I've been drinking an energy drink called Berocca that costs $10 for a 10 day supply and it keeps me alert. When I was making coffee at home, it probably cost me less than $1 a day.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink two cups of coffee a day, I make my own coffee at home. Right now I am drinking instant coffee of one of the top brands. The bottle of coffee cost me about $8 but I think I get 60 cups of coffee from that one bottle, much better than the price of a Starbucks.

11. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    It definitely hard to not fall into the buying coffee trap. Each cup runs a few dollars a day and if you buy more then one cup several times a week it can easily add up.
    I think it also depends on your location. I find fancy urban coffee shops are a lot more expensive then chain stores located in the suburbs. I personally bring a to - go cup of coffee.

12. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofyNew Member

Threads:
    On a daily basis, then I would say maybe 30 or 50 cents a day. I just eyeball the amount of instant coffee and powdered creamer. Most of the time I make coffee first thing in the morning. I take it out with me in an insulated tumbler.

If I have to buy it, then I pay $1 (small) to $1.50 (large) at a 24hour deli.

As for a rare splurge, it would be around $3 at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't drink coffee anymore because I don't want to have to add another possibility or worry for me getting to sleep at night, and so for thankfully it has been working for me as I don't need much assistance in prepping myself in the morning for the day ahead aside from just a cold shower. That said, even when I drank coffee I didn't really require much and I only ever used premixed packets instead of buying brewed coffee at an expensive coffee shop. This wasn't a conscious decision to save but more just being so used to instant coffee that I didn't seek brewed at all.

14. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm... A ready to drink sachet of coffee here in my country is priced seven pesos. So converted to dollars, that's about a few cents only. And I tend to drink coffee once in a while, not everyday really. So that's basically the price I pay for a cup of coffee. And you know what, it's enough for me. There are lots of different variants, there's white coffee, dark coffee and even latte, so you can choose which one you like for the same price. Beat that, Starbucks. Lol.

We do have Starbucks here as well. And it's priced about 120 pesos for a big cup, you know, the iced coffees. So converted to dollars that's about two to three dollars. Anyway, that's not much converted to dollars but from where I am, that's a huge amount of money. With that money, you can have some rice and viand. So if I'm going to have that everyday, goodbye money and savings. Haha!