How Much Do You Plan To Spend On Valentine's Day?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Sunshine • Feb 4, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    How much are you going to spend for Valentine's Day this year? Do you buy little gifts for your sweetheart, parents or kids? Are you planning a dinner in or out?

I've already spent around $10 for all the kids school valentines and treats, etc. I still have yet to get anything for the family. I think I'll probably end up spending under $25 total.

How much do you think you will end up spending on this day?

2. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure how much I plan to spend for Valentine's Day. My husband and I usually go out to dinner for Valentine's Day. I think we are going to stay home this year. I plan to give my kids a small gift, and cook a nice dinner for the family. I don't think I will spend anymore than $50 for Valentine's Day this year.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will spend probably nothing on Valentines Day because I'm single, and I never really bothered to give anyone a gift during that commercialized, hyped-up season. However, if I get tempted to order food because a certain craving hit me that day, then I will justify it as "celebrating" the "Day Of Hearts", but then that's another story.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This Valentine's my husband and I plan on spending a big fat $0. I'll probably make something nice at home. OR not. We took the decision years ago not to continue feeding consumerism by celebrating this day. It doesn't really hold much value to either of us anyway. We celebrate what we have on a daily basis, and won't wait for anyone to tell us of some special day on which to celebrate. But hey, kudos to those who do and I hope they enjoy it. We did for a time partake in the celebrations, in the first few years of our dating.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I won't be spending money on Valentines Day because I don't have a boyfriend. I will just throw a movie-marathon and watch horror movies all day. I'm not bitter. :p

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My husband and I usually spends our Valentines Day at home. A home cooked meal and a movie marathon sounds like a good plan. Probably, we will also buy a heart-shaped cake just like we did last Valentines Day. We are not fond on spending too much on that day. But I really hope he will give me something that will really surprise me. Not expensive gifts really, just a chocolate will do.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I am planning to spend nothing on this beautiful day as I am a single. I have never been a great believer of true love and all that but I do think that couple who celebrate this day, totally enjoy it mad love it.

8. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    This year I am keeping my cost low.Both me and my boyfriend have overspent recently as we have both had recent birthdays. I'm not sure what we are going to do or what I'm going to get yet. Uumm actually does anybody have any low cost ideas? :rolleyes:

9. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I usually prepared a special gift and a dinner for my girlfriend. For this Valentine, I would like to surprise her with a beach date. I want it to be as romantic as possible plus a dozen of roses. I want her to feel that she is the most wonderful lady in the world.:). I don't care about the cost I just want here to be happy.

10. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds really sweet and fun. She sounds like a very lucky girl.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    So far, I've spent $5 on decorations from Michael's as I plan to make gift bags. As far as the contents go, my limit is $40 total for three people. This is immediate family and no one romantic.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing! My finances this month are dreadful and i'm really worried about paying my already existing bills. Valentine's Day where I live is not that big of a deal, so I don't even think we'll be doing anything at all, thankfully!