How Much Do You Spend On The Average Outfit

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ScipioPro • Feb 24, 2015.

1. ScipioPro

ScipioProMember

Threads:
    This seems like a pretty straightforward thread for self-analyzation. How much do you spend on the average outfit that you wear casually outside. You can calculate the averages or you can estimate it doesn't matter.

Shirt: $10
    Pants: $25
    Shoes: $100
    Hoodie: $15

Accessories
    Glasses: $5
    Keychain: $1
    Hats: $15
    rings: N/A
    Chains and Neclaces: $50, not big on expensive jewelry
    Watches: N/A

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I...

I think most of my outfits would be costing very little -- what I'm wearing right now, underwear excluded, comes from a box of free clothes that my mom picked out for me (it's actually a cool box, she works in a college and a lot of girls with nice fashion sense also let go of their stuff there). So, zero dollars -- I do have a gold necklace that my boyfriend got me for Christmas (from eBay), but I have no idea how much it costed.

But I'm inside chilling. When I go out, I at least have shoes (around 70 bucks, probably) and a nice winter coat (200$ or more) and a self-knitted cowl (a few bucks).

Though I can try to do the test for stuff I did buy.

Pants: around 25$
    Shirt: anywhere between 15 and 25$
    My favorite Garfield sweater: 35$
    Shoes: 60$

But this is nowhere near the average I spend on outfits. I do buy a lot of dresses, though, so in summer that might be a different story. (though then the outfit would be : dress + shoes and that'd be it.)

3. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Anywhere between 100$-200$ for me. My shirt's range from 20$ to 40$, because I tend to buy shirts that are on sale, but are made of a good quality. My jeans/pants usually cost 50$, which is the staple of my outfit. My shoes are what cost the most though. They are around 100$-120$, because a good pair of shoes WILL cost that much.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy brand new clothes, but now I know better and go for the 2nd hand ones instead, since they tend to be very cheap and some even look good as new. I can't really give a solid computation, but on the average, a 2nd hand shirt or pants only cost $1 to $3 each. Now that's a lot of savings on my part.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I have new and used clothes in my closet, so for the purposes of answering this, I will base my calculations off of the new clothes costs. The average price I pay for a shirt is around $30 because I normally buy them on sale. Jeans cost me around $5o because I splurge on good jeans. My shoes cost around $60, and accessories are probably $20. Add that all up and it looks like my average outfit cost is approximately...way too much! No, seriously $160.00.

6. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    I'm pretty low-maintenance when it comes to what I wear (and also cheap). If it's not 2nd hand from a thrift store/yard sale/salvaged from my mother's closet (she's trendier than me - LOL), then I tend to shop at places like Ross, TJs, Target, etc. That said, I'm actually very picky with what I wear. I generally stick to black clothing and I don't like 99% of what I come across, which makes shopping a nightmare for me, so I don't do it much. Assuming I purchased my clothing, here's a high estimate of what it cost me to look this good :rolleyes:

Shirt: $10
    Pants: $15
    Shoes: $20 (absolute top price - I hate shoe shopping)
    No accessories generally.
    No jewelry generally.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't shop very often. I only really buy new outfits when I really need to, because I don't have the money to just be buying clothes willy nilly. But when I do go out and purchase a full outfit the price is usually pretty steep - at least for me? It ranges, quite often, from about £80 to £90 to £100, depending on where you shop of course.

8. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get a lot of clothes from the thrift stores so I couldn't really tell you my average outfit price - it varies wildly. Today, though, my jeans were £15 and my sweater was 50p. That's actually quite an expensive outfit for me!

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    For a "casual" outfit?

Tee: $8
    Jeans: $15
    Flats: $12

So $35, round about. I don't even wanna think about how much my work outfits cost.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dresses are usually less than $10 and flats cost me not more than $5. When I'm not wearing a dress, I'd go for t-shirt, jeans and sneakers the sum total of which will never exceed $20. I seldom buy accessories that cost more than $5. I prefer cheap but quality items coming from lesser known brands.