How Much Is Too Much For A T-shirt?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Apr 6, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some really cool T-shirts out there, especially sports, music, and game themed ones, but some of them are really pricey. I've also seen the ones with brands like for candy or soda and stuff. There are funny ones, shirts with cool artwork, and lots of other choices. So, how much do you think is too much to pay for a T-shirt even if it's a really cool one?

I've seen them for 45+ dollars, and I wouldn't be surprised if some go for more, but I'm not paying those prices for a T-shirt. What say you?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I guess I've never paid $45 for a t-shirt, but I can see where in some cases, I just might. It really depends on the shirt and what the cause is. I've definitely paid $25 for a t-shirt before... typically this has been for a specific place that I've visited and liked and further want to support (like cool bars or restaurants or college joints, you know?).

$45 seems high though, I agree.

3. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    That's very, very subjective.

Firstly, it depends on the shirt. Whether it's plain, graphic, or has a certain design definitely contributes to what's "too much". Not only that, but your budget counts - as well as how much you want it :)

Just based on where I like to shop for graphic tees, $25 is too much.

There's a Polish store named "Mr Gugu & Miss Go" that sell graphic t-shirts for prices as high as 60 EURO. That's too much, for me, at least. o_O

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love graphic tees but I won't spend over $20 for just a t-shirt. Good thing is that here in our country, there are a lot of shopping bazaars that sell around $5 per t-shirt. The quality is actually good, though they are not branded, I would still go for it.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I concur. Even if they can afford it, celebrities buying t-shirts between $100 and $1000 is just too much. The shirt they wear may come from well-known brands but they're essentially t-shirts - no more, no less. I would buy t-shirts that don't cost beyond $20. As long as I look good and presentable wearing them, I see no reason to spare more money for ordinary clothing.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess it depends on where it's from, but over $35 is too much unless it's Chanel. I have quite a few graphic t-shirts and they are fun, but they aren't investment classics, but high quality ones (thicker cotton) I don't mind paying $20-25 for, but not for flimsy cotton unless it's a pima one. The profit margins are so high, they don't need to be that expensive, it's the brand.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    $45 is the most I'd spend on a T-shirt. Even then I'd fork out the cash very reluctantly. Good thing though is I never have too spend that kind of money these days. Since most of the clothes I buy are "used" I spend less than $25 on T-shirts all the time.

8. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    For me it would be anything over £20 and I'd only ever pay £20 if I really liked it! Thing is with tshirts there's really nothing to them, they are thin and easily ripped.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's all dependent on what sort of T-shirt it is, really. If it's a basic day-to-day use type T-shirt, I think £5-19 is ok. Some T'shirts I may reserve for my smart casual style looks, those ones I don't mind upping the budget to say £15-45, with £45 being the ABSOLUTE upper ceiling. I wouldn't want to pay £50 for a T-shirt, that'd be too much for my budget. But I've seen high end brands charging upwards of £100 for plain T-shirts, and I've moved right along from them. If I want those, I'll skip over to TK Maxx where I'll get them at a heavily discounted price hehe

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Price is relative. I, for once, always think everything is expensive, while some people I know will gladly spend a lot on the very same item I found outrageous. Also, I think if you really like a piece you should spend a little more if you wish to, so there is no right or wrong, no right price or a price that is too much. I myself don't love t-shirts so I wouldn't spend all that much in one.

11. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I've probably paid the equivalent of about $35 for a T-shirt I think. Some designs I've liked just seem to justify a higher price tag. But I'm wearing them less and less these days so I'm not so worried about the price nowadays.

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually pay about $20-30 for a shirt. Depends on the seller, and if the manufacturer had to officially license it or not. Usually, I just buy band shirts, so they aren't that expensive. That said, $30 is almost too much for me, as in I will really reconsider if I actually want a shirt that expensive.

13. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I guess this all depends on how much you want the shirt?

I think a reasonable price, here in the UK is between £15 and £30. That's what I pay for a regular t-shirt. Obviously if you want a specific brand then your going to have to pay a little more.

What really annoys me though is the price of football (soccer) shirts. For them from a clubs shop your looking at between £60 and £70! Basically all that is, is a T-shirt but with a club badge and sponsor embroidered on to it, so how they can justify that is beyond me.

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's printed then I refuse to pay more than £15 and it needs to be fairly decent quality for that price. I won't pay more than £5-6 for a plain t-shirt. I'm short on cash right now and can't afford to pay any more. Although I purchase the majority of my clothes from charity shops, I won't pay £2.99 for a used t-shirt when I can get a brand new one in Primark for £1 more.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would really depend on the t-shirt. The material the design have a lot to do with how much I would be willing to pay for a shirt any shirt. The shirt has to be well made, not something that will fall apart the minute you try to wash it or shrink when washed.