How much rent do you pay per week?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Dora M • Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have lived in many different types of dwellings over the years, from flats to cottages, to share accommodation. For a while I even lived in a caravan on the property of a friend when I was in between houses. On average I have always paid between $200-350 AUD per week, and that's below average in this country.
    On top of that I have electricity bills and some other outgoings. The places I have rented have usually got 1-2 bedrooms and a bit of character. I couldn't live in a cement box.
    What's the average weekly/monthy rent in your country?

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    We pay $1,175 a month. This is for a 2 bedroom apartment with utilities included. So, on top of that we only pay for our cable and internet as far as home bills. That is about $294 a week - but my husband and I split this expense. Our apartment also has a pool, small gym, and outside gathering area so we think it's worth.

Our last apartment allowed us to save lots. We paid about $600 a month, or $150 a week. This apartment was a small 1 bedroom and also included utilities, so we only paid cable and internet on top of that, too. It was way too small though. We lived there for 3 years, while partially still in college, so it helped out a lot. It's challenging to find apartments with included utilities here.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pay $1000 a month on a 2 bedroom apartment, but it's really cheap compared to the average where I live. That is because it's far from subway stations and downtown, but that is OK for me since I live close to work and have a car. That value does not include gas, electricity, cable or internet, so on top of the rent I pay for all of those.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm moving into a place that is $1850 a month, one bedroom. No utilities are included and it's definitely above the budget I wanted by a few hundred dollars.

HOWEVER....

It's also in an amazing location (easy transit access, walking distance to some places, near work, etc), so some of it will balance out. It's also a clear upgrade to the apartment I'm currently living in, too, so I'm hoping it's worth it.

5. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    For my apartment we are paying about 1,700 per month, but I have four roomies so we split that four ways. So this means I am paying a little over $105/week.

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I do not pay rent weekly.

I live in the united states, and we pay bills on a monthly cycle. My current rent is $700 a month. That is pretty high price for where i live, but the city is overpopulated. which means there is not much choice here. You kinda have to take what is available.

Unless you want to live in a bad neighborhood. I will not subject myself to that.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I currently pay for my rent, cable and utilities about $2500/month. My rent is $2150 for a one bedroom apartment in a high rise that has a doorman and a concierge. No utilities are included. I pay about $225 for cable and my utilities average about a little more than $100 per month. I pay much more than I would like but in my city doorman buildings are priced at a premium so to get what I wanted I had to adjust my budget.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I currently rent a room with 4 roommates in a house and I pay around $450 a month for rent and utilities. It's been a great deal as I'm only a few miles from my school, only about 5 minutes away from one of the main streets in Sacramento, and have easy access to Downtown. A lot of my friends who rent appartments are paying upwards from $600-$650 a month for everything, and they don't get to live in a house with a garage/backyard. I consider myself pretty lucky to found the place I'm currently living.

9. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I pay monthly rent and pay 850 Euros, which I have always thought was expensive, but apparently not when I look at what people pay in other countries. You guys pay so much in America :O. I rent a five bedroomed house here in Ireland and I now see that 850 Euro's is pretty cheap.

10. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I managed to get my own place so those sweet rent days are behind me now. But when I payed I lived in a 2 room apartment that I shared with an acquaintance of mine. We were paying 200 euros for the apartment so that means 100 euros per month each or 25 per week - quite inexpensive looking at some of the answers here. The apartment was nice looking and had all the appliances needed for easy living.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We own our home now (and it's all thanks to a government-backed mortgaged) and it's been decades since my family paid rent to some landlord. We had oiur childhood home rented to some people though. It's just a small three-storey house with an area of around 40 square meters. The rent was just cheap (for the general working class, that is). Before it was pegged for $100 but now we've upped the price to $200.