How Much Storage Do You Have?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Jul 22, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apparently there's a correlation between how much storage you have and how much "new stuff" you buy.

It's the unconscious desire to use up your storage that will compel you to spend more than you would have if you had either no spare rooms to store anything or had very little room set aside for storage. Do you think this is true?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know about spending more, but when I've had more storage I've definitely held on to more things ,thinking that I would use them to make art or craft projects. Then when I moved, I threw all those potential craft items out.
    I'm less likely to purge my extra stuff if I have a lot of space.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's funny because we used to live in an apartment that is cramped. Then we moved to a 3-bedroom house. And fortunately we acquired our own 3-bedroom house. Aside from the master's bedroom, one is for the housemaids so one is for my storage. Some years ago, we extended our kitchen and built a spare room... for storage, hahahaaa. So now my storage area are 2 rooms and getting full again. Maybe I'm too much of a pack rat, buying supplies continually without discarding.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really considered how much space I have left when I buy new things, since I still have a lot of space left. As of now though, I must dispose some of my clothes that don't fit me and the ones that I don't like since they just take up space in my closet. So since I have space left, it doesn't stop me from buying things that I like.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't have much. My cupboards are crammed and neither myself or my roommate have gotten any new cookware since we moved in. I don't know what the correlation is, because I am determined that I downside till I reach bare minimum to get by. I am so tired of having so much stuff.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do believe that the more room you have the more you are inclined to either purchase more stuff or hold on too stuff longer than you would if you had to release more stuff so that you do not become a hoarder. I always think about the critters the stuff can attack like bugs.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I moved to a small apartment wanting to live a frugal life because my family house is really big and has 3 storage rooms plus the pantry area in the kitchen, yet my mom and sister say there is too little space for storage the ton of things they have and don't want to throw away.

As a funny fact, one of those rooms is next to my bedroom there, and therefore I named it the "horror room" because of the messy storage inside of it, hahaha

Back to my own apartment, I don't really have storage space but in the top of the closet, one large upper kitchen cabinet and 4 sliding drawers below my bed.

Sometimes I bring too much things home and have to use the shower area as "temporary" on-hold storage space until I make the changes to put those things in their new place, or make a storage clearance to open room for them.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of storage space available in my house. That's because I like to live light and not accumulate too many things. My friends often marvel at how "big" my place is, whereas in fact it isn't all that large, it's only empty. :)
    I like the feeling of lots of space around me, and I will only ever acquire the most necessary items for my home. I like that ZEN feeling all around. I can think much clearer in an uncluttered place.