How Often Do You Exfoliate Your Face

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by stacyje • Jul 7, 2014.

1. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    How often do you exfoliate your skin? I do mine twice a week and you can tell because my skin looks so refreshing. I use a cleansing cream, and facial scrub apricot and a mask and I tell you my skin is beautiful. I have a friend that uses baking soda with her facial wash and she uses this to exfoliate her skin.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I use my clarisonic once a day with a face wash with salicylic acid. For chemical exfoliation I use a Murad face mask that contains pineapple enzymes twice a week. I mask two to three times a week, generally using a clay mask twice a week and a brightening mask that has rose oil in it.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to exfoliate my face a couple times a week. If I notice my skin is a bit too rough (if I'm using too much makeup, have small breakouts or such), I'll try to exfoliate a bit more often. But if I exfoliate more often than twice a week I use a milder scrub, you should not exfoliate too often if you are not using a mild scrub.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the response , I have never heard of the Murad face mask Im gonna have to go to a supply store and see if I can find this product. I like that it contains pineapple within it. Can you tell me where you purchase this item from ?

5. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I do it once a day and I use a soft facial brush to do it. The one from Body Shop is quite good in a way that it does not really hurt your skin as you exfoliate. I don't experience harsh breakouts as well since I started doing this. I think exfoliation is a necessary part of any beauty routine because you are able to get rid of dirt and other dead skin cells before it even starts to cause an infection on your skin.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there really a noticeable difference if you exfoliate your face? Because I haven't done that yet, the only thing that I did to exfoliate it was to apply astringent on it. My face felt really smooth and clean after I did it. I guess I would have to try the other methods of exfoliating it when I have the time.