How often do you make the mistake of not washing off your makeup?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by PurpleWasabi • Jul 29, 2012.

1. PurpleWasabi

PurpleWasabiNew Member

Threads:
    I know I've done it a couple times, and each time I'm punished with angry skin. I've learned that no matter how tired or lazy you feel, you must wash off that make up before you get under the sheets! Have you been through this mistake before? What did your skin punish you with?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I definitely have and it makes me break out really bad. I like keeping baby wipes around so that even if I can't do a full wash, then at least I can wipe much of it off and be good to go.

3. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    When I was much younger and still a partying girl I often used to do it but then my skin could still cope with the neglect. If I should attempt it now, also for the reasons of being too lazy or too tired, I definitely see the bad effects. Not only do I look terrible because of the black streaks caused by mascara and eyeliner but my skin looks and feel pasty and dry. Besides that, I feel terribly guilty for not having the self-discipline in the first place to have removed my make up the previous night. Its just not worth it.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh! I really have to get back into my routine, because I can see the difference not doing it regularly has made to my face. It's looking duller and more shallow. When I'm on top with it, my skin just glows from within.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have really sensitive skin and each and every time I have been so naughty as not to wash off my make-up...I have paid the penalty. That was usually when coming home too late from parties and/or functions. But as Jessi said earlier, keeping baby wipes on hand really helps. I usually used to break out in a rash: each and every time, no matter the quality of the make-up.

It must not be done! (-: Someone should tell the soapy actresses hey (wink).

6. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    I do it occasionally, and like most people it is usually after a late night out! I have dry skin, so leaving make-up on overnight certainly doesn't help with that, but it doesn't really seem to affect my skin too badly. I do use an organic/eco brand of make-up though, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Slightly bizarrely, make-up remover wipes and baby wipes all react badly with my skin and give me a rash, so I actually look better if I leave it on over night rather than use one of those!

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    My foundation actually helps my skin because it has zinc in it. The longer I leave it in, the better my skin gets. I started using it to hide acne, and within a week it was cleared up. Its Merle Norman, I have been wearing it for 23 years and don't think I will ever change since it saved me when I was 25.

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I never go to bed in make up. It was drummed into me by my mother as a teenager, and as she, her sisters and her mother all had fantastic, glowing, blemish-free and wrinkle-free skin, I followed her advice. These days, I tend to cleanse with baby wipes, but I do make sure that every vestige of make up is removed, no matter what the time, or how 'tired and emotional' I may be after a late night. It certainly pays off. I'm 60 now, and I have hardly any wrinkles, and my skin is blemish-free - unless I get a Lupus flare up.

9. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Almost every time I wear make-up I forget to wash it off. But I almost never wear it tho, maybe a couple times a year I will put make-up on. So for me it is easy to forget now! But when I worked as a cocktail server, I wore make-up all the time and because of the hours I worked would often forget to take it off before going to sleep. Fortunately it never made me break out or anything.

10. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm only 26, but truthfully I forget at least 1 out of 4 times I wear makeup and I have no negative effects. I mostly only wear foundation, mascara, and eyeshadow though. My skin is never worse the morning after though sometimes my pillow is a bit different colored than when I went to bed :)

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't wear any time of foundation. I really have been blessed with great skin. I only wear mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. I admit that sometimes fall asleep without taking off my eye makeup. I don't believe that I have suffered any ill-effects.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Lucky you! I'm sure if you had to deal with the breakouts, you wouldn't have forgotten it nearly as often. It's easier to remember to remove it when you've dealt with the major breakouts after-the-fact and hate it.

13. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have a little ritual that I do every night bed, so I rarely forget. I use an oil free makeup remover, then wash my face thoroughly while in the shower, then use an astringent afterward, then I use an acne cream after that's finished.

14. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I probably must have done it a couple of times. Sometimes when I'm really tired, I just go straight to bed without cleaning my face. But then I'll most probably wake up with a zit. So as much as I can, I wash my face and remove my make-up before going to bed.

15. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely forget. This is one thing I'm really good at not doing. It's like I can't go to sleep without washing my face. I don't remember the circumstances, but I do know I have done it before though. I really don't remember anything happening to my skin. I would have breakouts occasionally but it didn't seem to happen just because I had forgotten to wash up before bed.

16. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I am a ghost host on the ghost trolleys in Key West, Florida. Sometimes when I get home, I forget to remove my makeup. This causes my eyes to itch in the middle of the night.

17. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I never washed off my makeup until the next day especially if I was tired. However, as I got older I realized that was probably the reason I was breaking out, now I feel very uncomfortable sleeping with makeup and I always remind myself I need to take it off, especially when you wear foundation it's important to always wash your face and get rid of the makeup and bacteria from throughout the day and to give your face a little break.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I'm really tired, I have fallen asleep in the past with makeup on. Since I'm over 30, sleeping with makeup on is not doing my skin any favors. It never ends well. I might start keeping a package of those premoistened makeup remover pads in the bedroom, just in case.

19. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Uh oh. Guilty as charged. I rarely make a specific effort to wash off makeup at night. Sometimes it works out that I take a shower at night so I don't always wear makeup while I sleep. I actually don't see that much difference blemish-wise whether I wash it off or not. I DO see a problem if I have a small blemish and then if I start picking at it, it multiplies like rabbits on my face. :(

20. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have definitely done this often. I am usually tired and I just past out across the bed without taking it off. It actually look better when I wake up in mornings. But when I shower I give it a good scrub after I use my Neutrogena make up remover.