How often to you go to the drugstore?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Oct 27, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There was a period in my life when I went to the drugstore almost on a daily basis. I was sick of meds and I was spending a lot of money too. Luckily now I don't go as often, maybe because my kids are older. How often to you go to the drugstore?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go to the drugstore on an as-needed basis, perhaps once or twice a month. Sometimes, it's erratic depending on my and my family's immediate needs. I take maintenance tablets for a congenital ailment but I tend to buy in bulk, so as long as my stock has not run out, I don't buy anything from the pharmacy section. My friends and I go to the convenience store section of a nearby drugstore more regularly, however.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever get sick and I got no medical conditions that require me to be on medication most of the time. For that reason, I never go the drugstore like ever. It's been over three years now that I haven't bought any medicine. And I hope that I can [still] be as healthy for the next decade or so.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I go once every few weeks. Really only when I'm in a rush. I find that most products at the drugstore are marked up higher than most other places. It's cheaper for me to buy makeup or other health items at Target or something.

5. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don;t need to go to a drugstore more than once a month. Sometimes, I don't even go for once as I rarely fall sick. I take care of my health by exercising and hitting gym regularly My grandpa, on the other hand, is sick right now, so I need to bring medicines on frequent basis, if you would count that too.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely go to the drugstore as I rarely fall ill. I think it is quite funny that I hate going to the drugstore even though you only get medicines over there. I think it is not very easy for me to take in the smell of medicine and also enjoy using it. I do believe that drug store has its own advantage and disadvantages.

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    My visits to the drug store happen once a month pertaining to meds and more often to buy other consumer products. I've got to keep my diabetes condition monitored and controlled, so my monthly visits for meds is to pick up my insulin and glucose test strips. The days that I'm not in the drug store for that, I roam around to buy food, appliance and hygiene-related items.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't go often because most of the time I just need headache medication or cold medication, which I usually buy lots of whenever I go to the drugstore so I don't end up having to visit often. I visit maybe once every few months just to restock but if I'm lucky and go on long periods without getting headaches or colds then I go for even longer without.

9. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Once a month. I only go there to buy my meds and vitamins that I buy 30 pieces at once. :) I think that I am fortunate because I am healthy and I don't spend a lot of money on medicines unlike some people.

10. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually go to various drugstores about once or twice a week, mostly because I am a couponer and I try to get the better deals and freebies before everyone else in my area realizes they are available. Couponing in drugstores has become a huge deal and if you don't get on the deals early... you will never get them.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's an interesting perspective as well Nikki, but I don't get that many coupons for drugstores really, so I am somewhat proud to be "drug free" for quite sometime, it doesn't mean that I am that much healthier, but at the same time I am saving some money.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do a good part of my shopping online, and that includes drugstore shopping, so it's difficult for me to pinpoint how often I go to a drugstore or buy at a drugstore. I would say it's probably once a week or once every couple of weeks. It depends if I actually need something or if I'm just buying because I'm bored or I'm looking for new stuff. If I'm in need of something it might be more often.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought for drugs online, it's not very common to do it where I live, we have dozens and dozens of drugstores, more than banks, it's really impressive. Actually with the cold weather coming I am needing to go back again, we are experiencing breathing problems around the house.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For myself rarely, not because I am pretty healthy, but rather there's a section in our house that looks to be a miniature drugstore. Not all medicines are in there, but almost all that we need are in there and they are stashed in pretty large amounts so we rarely need to go to the drugstore and buy for ourselves. But because I usually pass by a drugstore and there's my neighbour that always gets sick, but doesn't have enough money to buy a supply that would last for like a lifetime that he would need those medicines that he asks me to buy, I always take little of my time either while I am on my way to my work or school or back home to pass by at the drugstore and get him his needed medicines.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that is the fact, whenever we go to the drugstore is means we are sick and in the last week I've been there a lot. The cold weather has been causing me breathing issues as well to my kid, so that is enough for a few trips to the drugstore looking for help.

16. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I do not like this trip and i go there only when i have to, this is about three times for the year. Since the start of this year i went there only once and this is as a result of the Chickungunya outbreak that took over my country. I do not like to take pills, i am more for alternative form of medicines but when you are really ill and needs to be away from work for a few days as a result, you cannot just go back without some proof, hence me going to the doctor.

17. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was so proud about it, but in the last days I've been visiting it, mostly because of my kids. One had a stomach issue and the other has allergies, so they have been good, but once in a while we do need to get the serious drugs and it's good that they are there for us.

18. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    In a week, I go to the drugstore almost everyday. It's not because I am in need of medication. It is because the drugstore, which is located in a building near our office, also sells food, drinks, liniment, and toiletries. Most of the time, I just go there to buy food and drinks. It is a common setup among us in the office to go to the drugstore just to buy food.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only go to the drugstore when I need to buy some medicines, and those are rare times. The last time I've been in one was last Feb. 2014.

20. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm at the drugstore whenever I need some new deodorant or toiletries which is pretty often. I would say that I am at the drugstore at least once a week. Sometimes I can be there as much as three or four times a week.