How organized are you when you go Grocery Shopping?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Sep 28, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another good way to stay organized is to use sale papers. I like to go through them and mark things on my list. Be sure to gather any coupons, so you can also count the discounts before heading out. If you have a coupon for a brand at a certain store, the item might be cheaper with the coupon than the it is at another store, even when on sale.

#1Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I try to be organised. I know what I need for the house and plan my meals in advance. I stick to a budget and don't buy things we don't need. If the children come shopping with me though, it is a completely different story. Things appear in my trolley that I didn't know were there and I am subjected to pester power all the way round the store.

3. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I'm 75% organized. I make a list, and buy everything I need on that list. I use coupons for anything on my list and bring extras in case there's a really good sale on a splurge item. But, I also leave some flexibility in case I encounter a really good sale on unexpected items.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I make a list and mostly stick to it. It helps me save and avoid impulse buys. I will adjust if something is on sale. I rarely use coupons but I do look through weekly ads to see what is cheapest where. There are only a few grocery stores near me.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am usually quite organised, which means I have all the things that I need to buy in my head. I only ever write a shopping list when I want to prepare a special dish for which I need specific ingredients. Most of the time I am on "automatic" when I go shopping. When I am not sure whether I have run out of something, I simply visualise my pantry, and immediately know whether I need to restock it, or not.

6. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say I'm pretty organized, I make a shopping list during then week so I know what I'm getting at the supermarket.
    When actually walking around, I keep the shopping list in the handle of my shopping cart and scratch off whatever I put in the cart, that was I can focus on just what I still have to pick up.
    I go through all the aisles just in case that I might have forgotten to put something on the list and seeing it makes me realize it, but most of the time I stick to the list.

7. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    I try to be organized when I go to the store. I gather up all the coupons I think that I'm going to use, and I write down the sales ads that I plan on price matching. I'm not always sure what I'm going to get when I go to the store so its hard to be completely organized. Half the time I don't end up using all the coupons that I have because I decide I dont need that item, or I can get it cheaper without the coupon.