How strong do you like your coffee?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by isabbbela • Oct 8, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I have it pure with no cream, only a few drops of sweetener, if it’s too strong it gets bitter. Also, as I drink way too much of it, it’s better for my stomach if I go easy on it.

Where I work there are a handful of people that make coffee everyday. We have one coffee machine for the department, and everyone shares. Someone will always bring the coffee, sugar/sweetener and coffee filter, and usually one of my coworkers will make coffee in the morning. His coffee is not very strong, it’s just how I like it. However, the guy from the other section makes it sometimes and it’s so strong I can’t drink it! He exagerates on the quantity of coffee, and it gets really bitter.

How do you enjoy your coffee?

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like my coffee fairly strong. Probably more than most people. I drink it black and really like the flavor if it's quality coffee beans/grinds. If I'm making communal coffee though, I am mindful of others. I'll make it more 'medium'. If someone makes a weak pot I'll skip it altogether. It tastes like blandly flavored water, lol!

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to think that I drank my coffee pretty strong, until I started working with this lady who put my coffee to shame. Her coffee was so damn strong, you could literally see beads of oils forming at the top of the cup from the coffee beans. You could pour several tablespoons of creamer into your cup and it wouldn't even lighten her coffee one bit. It was like drinking black tar.

Her and I started buying fresh coffee beans (usually Eight O Clock coffee, but sometimes Seattle's Best) and grinding it fresh, then making it in an electric percolator. She would pack the grind container to the top, until you couldn't fit anymore coffee in it, then brew it.

It was fun for a while, but then I started getting the jitters really bad at work and could not concentrate on anything. Plus I was having trouble sleeping at night too, so I had to start laying off of it.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We're coffee addicts in my house and we both like it really strong. I tend to have mine black a lot of the time, though I'm fine with cream and sugar on occasion....my husband on the other hand, like it's strong as well, but with a pretty generous amount of sugar thrown in.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that the best coffee in the world comes from Colombia. Therefore, I only ever buy my coffee from that part of the world. The one I particularly like is an organically grown, aromatic, bitter-sweet variety that absolutely delights my taste buds. I am not a big coffee drinker. One or two cups a day is enough for me. I usually put two teaspoons of my favourite coffee into a filter and prepare a strong brew either with water or soy milk. That delicious mug is definitely one of my highlights every morning. :)

6. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I like my coffee a medium strength... I do add sugar and creamer in it as well. This can sometimes be a problem in our house. My husband likes his coffee very bold!!! He even likes espresso on occasion. His favorite way to have coffee is in the french press which is very strong!! Since we are so different in our tastes we both have to compromise a little so we can actually share the same pot at times. We did purchase a single cup coffee maker and that helps but it's so expensive!!

We love coffee!!!

Danyel :)

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a smooth and strong espresso, usually a double or a triple. I find Italian places do the best coffee, not too bitter which some places make it and not too watery. I hate it when I find crystals at the bottom as that's what makes it bitter. I would rather not drink coffee than have a bad coffee..

8. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    I like my coffee strongest when I'm using lightly roasted beans. The darker the roast, the less I use. I don't like acidic or overbrewed coffee. :)

Sadly this habit costs a lot. Even when I started making my own coffee I still put way too much of my cash into it. Coffee is an obsession now.

If you guys ever are in Manila, I'd be very happy to brew you a strong cup. :)

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I like it fairly strong. I use 4 scoops of beans for a pot. I have a tea pot that is like, 3-4 mugs full depending on which mug I am using. I get the beans in bulk and grind them at home. I don't think it's too strong, and for me it's not bitter. But I've noticed that bitterness in the coffee has more to do with the beans and the roast than the brewing. Some brands are just really bitter coffee and I don't like that very much.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer mine to have just above average bitterness. I don't mind drinking coffee that's too strong, but for everyday I don't think I'd enjoy it very much. I prefer to have just a slightly over bitter coffee and then I like to add as much sugar and cream as I like, depending on the mood I'm in that day. Sometimes I'd take it with only sugar but sometimes I'd add cream to it too.

11. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I like it pretty mild with a french vanilla creamer. so good. My boyfriend likes his pretty strong and it doesn't seem enjoyable at all to me. I like mine pretty sweet with a little hint of coffee, almost like starbucks

12. Evelyn Freshsmith

Evelyn FreshsmithMember

Threads:
    I love my coffee fairly strong. I don't mind a spoon of sugar and cream but it doesn't end here! I have about 5-8 cups of coffee daily that begins with the moment I open my eyes. Coffee addiction is the best thing happened to me. ;)

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like coffee pretty strong and I make espresso more often than regular coffee because I like the energy buzz that I get from strong coffee. I have a coffee addiction and I don't feel like myself when I run out of coffee.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like it pretty strong, but I also just buy the usual grocery store grounds, which aren't anything to write home about. If I make it too strong, it tastes like garbage. Too weak and it tastes like garbage. In between is meh, but it's coffee lol. My tastes are pretty expensive and I don't think it's worth the cost, so I make mine pretty sweet and move on (after too many cups lol)

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like strong coffee at all. I don't even like the Nescafe ones in a jar or plastic. I prefer the 3 in 1 coffee that is sold by sachet packs since they have lots of variants and I just try them out if the flavor appeals to me and I place lots of sugar in it.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like a mild coffee. The strong coffee that I get from Starbucks and McDonald's is too strong for me. The strong coffee is too bitter which I need to add a lot of sugar too and still only drink half of the cup. I like the coffee from 7/11 but I do use the flavored creamers when I drink their coffee.
    '

17. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    I like my coffee sweet and creamy. Although I love strong coffee I tend to not enjoy it as much as I would love to because of the flavor. But there are some brews that I prefer strong but for the most part my morning coffee is always sweet and creamy.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like my coffee weaker. I put milk, sugarclose, cinnamon, few leaves of tarragon & just half a sprinkle of nutmeg. Then second to the 5TH cup just honey, sugarclose and cinnamon. I found an article that says honey and cinnamon clears arteries, but the cost of honey is high:confused: so I just a drip or two of honey.