How to buy a good gift

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Mikered25 • Sep 16, 2012.

1. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    Hello my fellow posters, I have another question to ask you. What is your idea of a a good gift or where would you go to find the best types of flowers for that special someone? I am asking because I usually buy roses but I think roses are getting old and I want to be a little more elegant, does any have any other suggestions that I can use? Another reason I asked is because my anniversary is coming up as well.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In the flower shop employees are always willing to give you some advice. I think you have to take into account the reason for the gift. Whether it's an anniversary, you could soar to time when you met your partner, and think about the feelings that you passed. The colors, the scents, the textures start appearing in your memory. Once you have that sensory information, you should transfer it to a particular flower. I think if you're inspired, you can choose the perfect gift. The important thing here is to choose the gift with love and with real feeling. The other person will receive it with intensity. :rolleyes:

3. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for your suggestion i liked it..

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    A good gift is something that has to be thought out by the person giving the gift. It is extremely important for the person to remember small details about the other. It is also very important to think about the gift you may want to give in order to show that you gave it some thought. These small details can make the perfect gift.

5. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Thinking about what the person would like to have, not what would be expedient, might be nice. Something that lasts would be a good idea. How about sexy lingerie? I am assuming you are a male.

#5Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  6. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    For me, a good gift would be something that the person likes and would be able to use.

I don't see the value in giving someone an object he or she would not be able to use.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Anniversary, huh? You may want to consider jewlery then. It doesn't have to be a ring for gosh sakes but a really nice necklace might be a good idea. I would combine it with at least a single stem rose and a really nice dinner. If you are a good cook, make a nice candle lit dinner for two. If you are not a good cook, you could always order to go from a local restaurant, transfer to oven safe pans and just keep the dinner warm in a low heat oven.

8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Think about the recipient. What is their personality? What are their likes and dislikes, their hobbies, the kind of books they read or movies they watch. Then, using this information, look for a gift that is related, but a little bit out of the ordinary, something that will make it not just another gift. This may take some work, but it is so rewarding.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love to receive a mixed bouquet of scented seasonal flowers. To me, that's better than roses, even if the roses smell nice, because a variety looks better in the vase. Why not treat her to a pamper session at a spa? Most women love that sort of gift, and if you buy a voucher, she can choose the treatments she wants.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    The best gifts in my eyes show a lot of thought to the person and their wants/needs, and a bit of creativity. There are also sites like gifts . com and findgift where you can enter relationship to the person / age / personality type / etc. and get some ideas to help you out.

11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I love flowers, and Like Sandra I appreciate the mixed bouquets. Where I live you can get large ones or you can get small bouquets of single or mixed for about $4 each U.S. Two of the local supermarkets have 3 for deals on the flowers. One is 3 bunches for $10 and the other is 3 for $12. I like to deconstruct the bouquets and make several small arrangements that I place all over the house.

Just remember it's always the thought that counts. Some of my best gifts ever received have cost less than $10.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I think the thought is what truly counts. I know this is a cliche saying but if we really think about it then we start to realize that the thought is everything that makes a present special. I feel that buying something that your partner mentioned a long time ago shows that you pay attention to such details and I would rather have the thought than something just bought and wrapped without love from an expensive high end store.

13. jennifer.f

jennifer.fNew Member

Threads:
    Hey I am usually buy flowers by online flowers shops because I don’t have enough time to go for shopping and buying something and there are many online gift shops they have a many verities of gift.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would say think of who the person is and what she/he means to you and some of the things that you both have talked about in the pass. Then try to figure out what that one thing that she would love to have and I am sure you will be right on target. It's the thought that counts and something that they can use through out the year or a lifetime.

15. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    It all depend to whom you are going to gift it too! Most certainly if you are looking to purchase for Mother's Day, you should try gifting her flowers, a Jewelry Box or a Watch.

A smart device is also a good option because father's are not the only ones who are in love with gadgets. ;)

16. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Only trust an online shop that has been there for years like Teleflora. I usually order there especially on special occasions because they have really good florists. You can also add some teddy bears and chocolates to your flower orders. :)

17. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    If a good GIFT is what you are seeking advise for, I suggest that you first consider what are the likes and the preference of the person you are giving the gift to and the occassion as well. In your case, you said your anniversary is coming up. In this case, I suggest something romantic. Something that will remind your special someone of the day you first set eyes on each other. Romantic yet useful gift. How about a bracelet with a charm that has your anniversary date engraved on it? Or a custom-made photo album of your pictures together. The gift must be more about reminding the person on how much you appreciate him/her. If it is FLOWERS that you want, go to a very reputable florist. Someone who knows how to arrange flowers in creative and elegant way. Take note of what her favorite colors are, or favorite flowers, and relay that to the florist so she knows what flowers to use. It will also be romantic if you will have it delivered to her for that element of surprise.

18. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    I think you are right. Rose was very old idea as a gift. But, good gifts ideas are depend on to whom you want to gift, & at what occasion? So, first clear it. Ok, if you want ideas for your anniversary then refer this link

. You get whatever you want.

19. webshophoffbyhoff

webshophoffbyhoffNew Member

Threads:
    We are all living such busy lives these days, who has time to go shopping all day on a weekend at a packed out mall not even knowing what kind of gift to buy? You end up wandering around aimlessly, and in the end you just settle on something. Gift buying doesn’t have to be such a chore. With the ease at which most gift companies have gone online you can now buy almost any great gift without ever leaving the comfort of your home and shopping at a time that you find convenient for you.

20. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I was just talking to someone about shopping online on yesterday. We were discussing how convenient it is in that you can do it at any hour, there are no rude sales people, you don't have to go all the way to a store just to find out the thing you want is out of stock... there are so many great advantages to shopping online, at least when it comes to certain items that you want to buy.