How to Choose Best Auto Insurance Coverage?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by kreitosune • Aug 3, 2012.

1. kreitosune

kreitosuneNew Member

Threads:
    In today days the process for chossing a Reputable Auto Insurance Company has become very complicated. How do you know what companies are reputable and which are just out to take your money and provide little in return? Before you shop, the first question to ask yourself is what is it you want from your auto insurance company. Mainly, you want them to:

• Be fair – handle your claims in a fair and timely fashion
    • Have a strong financial outlook
    • Have few complaints filed against them
    • Be rated highly by private rating services
    • Be honest with you – tell you what coverages you need given your circumstances and how much it will cost
    • Be responsive to your questions – have someone available to answer your coverage and claim questions
    • Have a history of good service

There’re so many categories of

coverage. What coverage do you need most? What can you do without? Picking up the best coverage options takes some time and efforts.

1. Go to the website of your state’s department of insurance. Therefore you’ll have a better understanding of your state’s auto insurance coverage requirements.

2. Check and review your driving record.
    Minimum coverage is not enough for risky drivers.

3. In addition to your driving record, you also need to consider other factors when deciding how much coverage you need.

4. Perhaps the most important step for finding the best coverage is to obtain the best auto insurance rates for your needs.

5. Extra Bonus.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Great post and really good information. The only other thing I can think of to suggest is to be certain that when you are getting quotes, you are comparing apples to apples. Make sure it is the exact same coverages, same deductibles and same limits. This way you will get a more accurate comparison.

3. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Perfect post.

I was looking into auto insurance just this week! I can use this tips in my search to save my wallet :)

To be honest, I consider myself a really safe driver, hopefully I can get that benefit. My driving record so far has been spotless, but that is just for the past year or so with my parents always around to hold my hand. (figure of speech)

4. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! For you guys the auto insurance seems a pretty big deal. i just go for the cheapest, 30$ or so per 6 months, cause my car is 15 years old and it cost me about 1,000$, so if I hit someone I really don't care :)